what happened to GIRU.com

Scottyboy

WKR
just wondering if anyone else had 'invested' into a GIRU project and recently noticed that they are sort of, gone. social media accounts are gone, website doesnt work and never received the development project that was paid for.

maybe i missed something, it was just brought to my attention when my wife asked when i was going to be receiving the products that were paid for a few months ago...

Stid2677

WKR
If you help fund the Pro Down jacket, I received an email saying that the Giru version is different than the production model they just released and the project would ship mid summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stwrt9

WKR
I can understand the website being down for maintenance or something in that regard but whats odd is the fact that they pulled all of their social media sites as well. i'll maybe shoot Kuiu an email to get some answers.

Stid2677

WKR
Here is a cut and paste of the email I got.

Hello,

We recently launched a new line of insulation called Super Down Ultra and wanted to send you an email to assure you that this is a separate line from the Super Down Pro that you funded on GIRU. Our new Super Down Pro Jackets are currently in production and we are working to get them here as soon as possible! We are anticipating arrival in Mid Summer! As soon as the jackets are ready to ship we will notify you via email. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to our customer service team at 855-367-5848 or by email at [email protected]. We appreciate your patience!

Thank you,

KUIU

ericF

WKR
To me Kuiu's email is completely separate from Giru. I think they probably had some confusion from people on why the Super Down Ultra was released, but the Pro was not. I don't know how you would get confused when the PRO price is double that of the Ultra. In addition, sometime around Mid May, there was an update on Giru from KUIU about the PRO starting to ship in the summer.

As to Giru itself, I have no idea.

Stwrt9

WKR
Got a response from Kuiu.

Hey Josh,

Jason’s sold his interest in GIRU to his partner in the business in April. We have noticed the site has been shut down as well. For further information you may contact the owner of GIRU [email protected].
This will not have any effect on the Summit Refuge. We've got you covered!

OP
Scottyboy

Scottyboy

WKR

Hey Josh,

Jason’s sold his interest in GIRU to his partner in the business in April. We have noticed the site has been shut down as well. For further information you may contact the owner of GIRU [email protected].

thanks for the update! my most recent development was the VANS shoes, but good to know about the summit refuge as well. i guess i will give Robs' email a try and see what happens.

Dinger

WKR
Has anyone received their Kestrel Caper from the GIRU project?

Nothing on the Kestrel website and no updates since the email advising funds had been processed.

Looks like I'll have to shoot them an email for an update.

bates

WKR
kestrel posted the knife pics on instagram recently within a day or 2 so they are moving forward in production

Dinger

WKR
kestrel posted the knife pics on instagram recently within a day or 2 so they are moving forward in production

Good stuff....I'll crank open my IG account for a look.

Cheers,

Dinger

Kestrel posted on ig tonight that capers will be shipping this week or next week. I had to update my shipping address and the email for giru was sent to Dallas but came back as he had resigned and to contact Jason at kuiu. Jason replied that Nathan @ kestrel was the one to talk to and he forwarded the email to Nathan @ kestrel, as did Dallas (which i thought was awesome) I just hope Nathan gets/reads the email before mine ships. Sounds like a cluster i just hope everything works out for all involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the update! my most recent development was the VANS shoes, but good to know about the summit refuge as well. i guess i will give Robs' email a try and see what happens.
Those shoes are for sale online. I've got ads for them on social media. May want to check it out.

Instagram.com/windpowerpro

Kestrel posted on ig tonight that capers will be shipping this week or next week. I had to update my shipping address and the email for giru was sent to Dallas but came back as he had resigned and to contact Jason at kuiu. Jason replied that Nathan @ kestrel was the one to talk to and he forwarded the email to Nathan @ kestrel, as did Dallas (which i thought was awesome) I just hope Nathan gets/reads the email before mine ships. Sounds like a cluster i just hope everything works out for all involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Dallas no longer works for Kuiu? weird, wonder what happened

Last edited:

GIRU

FNG

Hey Josh,

KUIU’s customer service is mistaken, Jason Hairston, the owner of KUIU, still controls GIRU. All GIRU questions should be directed to Jason Hairston at [email protected]

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
This sounds like a cluster hope it works out for those involved

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Scottyboy

Scottyboy

WKR
It's good to hear the kestrel knives are being fulfilled! But yea the tents and whatever other projects funded through giru...fingers crossed I guess. Luckily mine was funded through PayPal, so when all my emails and messages continue to be ignored I will just open a claim with PayPal to get my money back and take a shit on anything that has to do with this fiasco (or as stated, above cluster f)

Lesson learned. :(

fastrr

FNG
It appears that GIRU is no more or at least as it had previously existed. I have received emails from those companies that I have pledged money to ensuring that they are fulfilling the orders.