What happened to kifarucast?

Trial153

WKR
It's one of the few podcasts that I like. Enough so that i listen to it regularly. Aron has always been a straight shooter, text or phone he always been responsive to me when I reached out. Good guy in my book.

CorbLand

WKR
Listened to a couple of the first ones and it wasnt my favorite but after reading this thread seems like I should give it a go again.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The one they just did with Joel Turner on the psychological (my term) side of the shot was really good. Aron knows enough about shooting to ask the right questions and push for clarification. and seems he doesn't totally agree with everything Joel teaches. Made for a good podcast.

bsnedeker

WKR
I subscribe to too many podcasts...I'm just getting through the last couple of November podcasts and I have about a 1 to 1.5 hour round-trip commute every day. This thread coming back up right now is funny because I JUST finished the Kifarucast with Robby where they talked about this exact thread!

I've started to cut podcasts out that don't appeal to me: Gritty Bowmen and the BRO podcasts just do not appeal to me anymore for various reasons. My favorites, in order are Kifaru, Meateater, and Newberg (both hunt talk and his elk podcast with CJ). I like podcasts with personality, and I enjoy listening to those guys talk and if I learn something, which I often do, that's just icing on the cake.

CorbLand

WKR
I've started to cut podcasts out that don't appeal to me: Gritty Bowmen and the BRO podcasts just do not appeal to me anymore for various reasons. My favorites, in order are Kifaru, Meateater, and Newberg (both hunt talk and his elk podcast with CJ). I like podcasts with personality, and I enjoy listening to those guys talk and if I learn something, which I often do, that's just icing on the cake.

I have done the same. I like Newbergs stuff and Meateater. I cherry pick Hunt Back Country and Shoot n the Bull. SnB has some hilarious episodes.

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
I loaded a few episodes just based on the comment that Aron has done a lot for Trad Archery in the past few years. I dabble in Trad but hadn't heard mention of Aron in that context.

I run into the same issues with vulgarity that were mentioned earlier with a few podcasts. I have pre-teens and a wife so family friendly delivery of information and ideas gets more airtime.

maddmartagan

Lil-Rokslider
I find it odd whenever someone complains about language in a podcast. Can you not just put some head phones on? Podcasts are usually something I listen to alone anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjgetch

FNG
Kifarucast is my favorite podcast, I get that the language can bother some but it doesn’t me. I like the brutal honesty and the podcast is a great mix of comedy and education. Same reason I enjoy Shoot-n the bull, entertaining.

Maybe its my faith, maybe its me being a father of 2 girls or maybe a combination of both, but I tend to shy away from incessant foul language. That being said, Kifarucast is one of my favorite podcasts. I prefer to listen to people speaking what they feel is the truth over guys who give a filtered message due to sponsorships or toeing company line. Aron's confidence and bluntness is often mistaken for arrogance. I'll take the guy who says what he believes and means, crassness and all, over a guy who says what he is told to say. Also....how many guys that have as many things on their plate as Aron post their number on forums for people to call or text if they have an issue? He's a good dude in my book and I'd share a camp with him anytime.

prm

WKR
I enjoy the podcast. The lack of pushing sponsor products is refreshing. While I enjoy other podcasts such as Randy Newberg’s, before he ever begins I know he’ll plug SITKA, Kenetrek and Leupold so suggestions about them don’t mean much to me. I do think Aron could focus a bit more on the guest’s message and less on conveying what he knows, but it’s a minor point.

I enjoy the podcast. The lack of pushing sponsor products is refreshing. While I enjoy other podcasts such as Randy Newberg’s, before he ever begins I know he’ll plug SITKA, Kenetrek and Leupold so suggestions about them don’t mean much to me. I do think Aron could focus a bit more on the guest’s message and less on conveying what he knows, but it’s a minor point.

You forgot GoHunt, OnXMaps, and Orion Coolers. Don't forget to use promo code Randy. That's R-A-N-D-Y, for promo code Randy.

All kidding aside, I listen to his enough to have his intro about memorized. I enjoy listening to both of the ones he puts out, but Kifarucast is still my favorite. They tell it like it is.

jspradley

WKR

Kifarucast absolutely does push their sponsor... I mean it's even in the name. lol

They just have a single sponsor, and there's nothing wrong with that.

prm

WKR
Kifarucast absolutely does push their sponsor... I mean it's even in the name. lol

They just have a single sponsor, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Valid point! I guess I should say they don’t push most products when talking hunting gear... Though he does occasionally recommend competing non-Kifaru products. They’re both good to listen too, I just get different things from them.

HookUp

WKR
They push they hell out of trad archery, while doing a good job of covering everything else. I wish they would talk about their products from time to time, like the new bags.

jspradley

WKR
Valid point! I guess I should say they don’t push most products when talking hunting gear... Though he does occasionally recommend competing non-Kifaru products. They’re both good to listen too, I just get different things from them.

I do get where you are coming from, it seems more forced when a lot of other podcasts do it. At least Randy has been consistent with his sponsors and isn't flip flopping between different "best gear evar!" every few months...

CorbLand

WKR
I dont mind when they have sponsors but I really appreciate when they are honest on who sponsors them and they do their pitch in a thoughtful way. I like that Randy and Rinella both do theirs at the beginning, and towards to middle but you know its time for sponsor talk. I hate it when they try to sneak them in and it doesnt work.