What happened with this shot?

The famous fire bull...

Simple answer is that it didnt penetrate on that first shot. Looked like the bull turned a bit and it connected with that front shoulder and didnt get much penetration. Granted i wasnt there so i cant say for sure. However, one thing i did notice in the video is that the arrow that killed the bull had a fixed broad head on it, and later during the recovery he had a broad head that looked mechanical.. Could be a 100% wrong but sponsors talk, hence why he shoots a hoyt now an not a prime bow. Love Hush videos though and hope they keep at it.

He hit the shoulder blade. I think later on he hits it again and sees the hole of the first arrow and mentions that the blades opened up, but the second shot it looks like a fixed blade nocked and ready.

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
The first time I watched that video I couldn't help but notice the mechanical the first time had been replaced by a fixed head. From that distance, they both looked like good shots though. Just goes to show how tough animals are.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
That bull was a beast! It was unreal he had that second chance with the bull too in the same spot.

wapitibob

WKR
I stopped the vid and posted the still on another forum way back, the bull ducks down and the arrow hits and slides up the scapula.

OP
S
Thanks for the input. I knew the video was older and had been discussed other places.

It's amazing to me that the arrow could slide up the shoulder blade, but I suppose that's what happened.

He mentions 90 yards, by then doesn't say the exact range of the shot.

Do you think distance played a role?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR Archer

WKR
I think distance had a factor in it. I'm betting his total arrow weight is pretty low. Combine that with a mechanical head at that kind of distance and your penetration is going to diminish quite a bit even on a well placed shot.