What have I done.....??!!

Twins boys here, first couple years were HARD! Then you blink and they are 13. Best hunting and fishing buddies I have! Best advice I can offer is make sure you and your wife take turn on care early on as you both will need a break as it can be overwhelming at first. And EVERYONE will wanna stop you at the store and talk, for some reason twins are a walking freak show. Best of luck and congratulations!

Attachments

• E3294822-3CA8-4139-8781-0D12179A1F82.jpeg
    E3294822-3CA8-4139-8781-0D12179A1F82.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 17

zacattack

WKR
My son is 11 months old and we have number 2 on the way. They will actually be Irish twins, born almost exactly one year apart. So, basically I have no advice on raising twins. However, having a kid is awesome. Enjoy every moment, it doesn’t seem to last long and then they grow like crazy.

Congratulations man, that is awesome! 7 years ago I looked at an ultrasound that looked the same as yours....twin boys for me! It seems overwhelming at first but you figure things out and before you know it they are walking in the woods with you. The time really flies by fast, enjoy it!

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
I dont know who you were before, but you're about to lose the old you and gain a new you. Trust me, its worth it, but it will make you gray or bald. Just one of the perks of the new you 🤣

woods89

WKR
Kids are great. There are certainly sacrifices but there's no question that they are well worth it. People like to over dramatize parenthood these days, and honestly if you and your wife are willing to dig in it will be fine.

You're going to be quite busy, and my only advice is not neglect your relationship with your wife through the next few years. At our house we operate under the principle that our relationship is first, kids second. By default, this winds up being best for children in the long run, and helps them realize that they aren't such special snowflakes.

Good luck!

OP
L

loadsandlattes

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of really good advice in here, I appreciate the support!

We took the weekend and just sort of digested everything, both of us couldn't be more excited. We have wanted kiddos for a long, long time and it's finally happened. We didn't exactly expect twins, but knew it was possible - and here we are.

Wife is super nauseous and feels like garbage, so we hung out and just talked through the next few months. Hopefully the exhaustion and nausea passes soon. We are moving into our new dream home in two weeks, so we've got plenty on our plates!

Thanks again, everyone!

Broomd

WKR
Well done!
I'm also a twin, have always had a special bond with my twin sis, although she got all the looks and brains.
You're in for the time of your life..
Congrats again!

archp625

WKR
My wife and I have friends that have twins. We are always talking about how hard it would be to start out having two and not just one. My wife has asked them before and they always answer we do not know any different. That's what we got and we love them equally.

I think you will fall into the same boat once they are born. You wont know any different and will adapt to the situation. Heck with one kid you have to adapt. so two will be adapt 1.5.

Congratulations by the way.

jmav58

WKR
Twin here. Good luck. My mother said it was a blessing in the early years because we always had a buddy to hangout with but when we got older, we would try to top one another for getting in trouble and everything was a competition. But now at 28 years old, looking back it was great to have that "day one best friend". Fun fact: my brother and I were 16# combined weight when we were born. My dad said my mom was huuuuuuuggggeeeee.

drmatara

FNG
Congrats to you and Mrs. Kids are beautiful but remember to sleep while you can.

WCB

WKR
Congrats...no twins here just a 20month old and #2 on the way. Just advice on having a kid in general... set up the baby room and anything you will use for them to be as comfortable and simple for you and your wife. Simple stuff like having a changing table you don't have to bend over for. Same with a crib or whatever you set the baby (in your case babies) into.

Take advice at your own willingness. Don't let people force things upon you or your wife or make you think you are doing things wrong. Your wife will probably be more natural at it than you so mostly just let her do her thing and help when needed. If your wife pumps or you feed formula take as many night and early morning feedings as possible for your wife. Break every thing down to basics and as simple as possible to make life easy on you and your wife and to avoid over thinking things and over critiquing yourself or each other.

When your wife needs to vent or seems to be making stuff difficult on herself don't try to correct it just step in and help. Simply state "I got this" and do it. Take any decision making out of it for her because she is going to want to do everything for the babies.

Set up a meal plan for you and your wife or if you can do a service like EveryPlate or another meal plan company, I would highly suggest asking for one for a baby gift or signing up. We still use it now and then when things get hectic and it is nice having everything ready to go. Makes it a lot easier on both of you and makes sure you take care of yourselves in the process.

Rob5589

WKR
Congrats! The time is now to stock up on diapers, wipes, Wheaties, Monsters, and sleep!

Scottyboy

WKR
Congrats! I can’t offer a whole lot as my twin girls are only 4 1/2 (going on 14 1/2 🙄) but enjoy it. Times will suck. Times will be good. It’s time you will never get back so enjoy it!!

ohhh and don’t buy into the “ohhh they will keep themselves entertained ” argument, unless you mean by keeping entertained you mean hair pulling, pushing, biting, etc etc 😂😉