What have I done.....??!!

loadsandlattes

Lil-Rokslider
This is not related to hunting at all. But this community has been clutch in a lot of ways, I'm seeking advice. Those of you with twins, what have I got myself into? We've been trying for years, and finally were able to get my wife pregnant through IVF. We were shocked yesterday when we went in for our first ultrasound and saw two little nuggets in there! I'm beyond excited, but have no idea what I am in for.

twins.jpg

Marble

WKR
It's probably the most awesome and scary thing happening at the same time. My wife is a twin.

Congrats!!

If it's your first kids, be ready to experience the most awesome thing about life. Kids are great, they're tiring, infinitely rewarding and you will wonder what you used to do in the evenings after you have them...

Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Congrats dude. You're along for the ride at this point.

I once made the argument than having twins was a more efficient method of having two kids than two separately. After being rebuffed with facts I had not considered I realized I was wrong.

I can't even imagine. Good luck. A good attitude and plenty of grace for your wife and yourself will go a long way.

Pdog06

Lil-Rokslider
First, Congratulations to you and the wife! One things for sure, your life will never be the same. Yes there will be a lot of worry but you will also have so much joy to overcome those worries!
I have one on her own now, one away in college, and one that is 13 but looks like she is growing twice as fast now! One thing I can say is cherish every moment you have with them while they’re young. As proud as I am of all my kids and as much as we try to push them to grow up and have careers and do things the right way, I still wish I coulda had more time with them when they were younger.

And in today’s world the more love you can show them and surround them with the better. They’re gonna need it with the way things seem to be headed.

Wishing the best!

coop2424

WKR
Congrats man twins are pretty awesome I have twins along with an older child. It is a lot of work but you have an advantage you won’t know any different because you didn’t have a single child first! The best part about it is the bond they have and how they already have someone to play with. The feeding, changing and sleeping is a lot of work but once you get it dialed in it isn’t that bad. I say all this as mine are 6 now and honestly it was all a blur and time went so fast since so busy. Congrats again it will all work out and will be awesome watching them grow up with a best friend!

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This is not related to hunting at all. But this community has been clutch in a lot of ways, I'm seeking advice. Those of you with twins, what have I got myself into? We've been trying for years, and finally were able to get my wife pregnant through IVF. We were shocked yesterday when we went in for our first ultrasound and saw two little nuggets in there! I'm beyond excited, but have no idea what I am in for.

View attachment 270933
We haven’t had twins, but number 4 is on the way. Biggest thing I would say...just enjoy it. It goes waaaaaayyyyyyy too fast! Congrats!

Hoghead

WKR
Kids are awesome enjoy the time you have with them. One of my younger hunting buddies has a boy that loves to hunt and fish with us. Every once in a while he suggests getting a sitter for Jace and I tell him not to. I say enjoy this while you can before you know it he will be chasing girls and be to busy to hang out with dad and his buddies. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Justinjs

Lil-Rokslider
Twin dad here.
Get them on the same schedule and it's smooth(ish). Eating, naps, all of it happens at the same time. If not, well, you'll be lucky to get any sleep.

Twins are more difficult than two separate aged kids due to needing everything at the same time and feeding off each other. People with one kid that complain about how hard raising one kid is...that causes my eyes to roll.

Crusader

WKR
I agree with several of the posters above....it will be tons of work but so rewarding and someday you'll look back and wonder where all the years went. So enjoy and savor it all!

Congratulations man, double the hunting buddies! We just passed 4 years with my twin girls. Like others have said above, its a lot of work especially in the younger years with man to man defense... but there is a lot of rewards that comes with it! Enjoy the journey

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 nephews that are twins. A little older than my 13mo old. It’s been said already but they are hyper-focused on a schedule. Both kids eat, nap, etc at the same time and at the same time every day. That seems to make things easier for them.

My wife and I worry about them a little though as they don’t get any individual attention or identity.

It’s always “the twins” did this or whatever. Yeah they are twins but they are their own person and deserve an identity.