What have you bought lately??

I seem to forget what I have added to the locker pretty quick. Not much put into this fall hunt yet but spring bear got some cash thrown at it! I love my McHale pack but for quick scrambles during spot and stalk bear day hunts the Eberlestock J104 is a better tool so I picked one up. On the hunt the kid wasn't able to see a moose in a field one evening through his Alpen bins and after letting him use my Minox HG's he saw it instantly. The look on his face said, "dad you gave me garbage bins" and I guess I felt bad because he now rocks some Vortex Talons (same as Zen ED2's). I also missed an opportunity to take a very nice cinnamon blackie at about 230 yards because that is well beyond my comfort level unsupported and I couldn't get a rest before he wondered out of the clearing and vanished. I got the kid and I both trigger sticks after that.

I am working with Tines up to try and get a digi adapter for my Pentax PF65EDII before much longer so that will be $70 or so and I just recently purchased the Zeiko adapter for my point n shoot. Still would like to find a regular neo-air, I took an XL as I am an XL size guy but it didn't work well with my tigoat raven bivi as it was just friggin HUGE! I probably could have used it as a raft to float my buddies sheep back to camp!

Now the reloading room has had some serious coin dropped in it! New Redding T7 press, new RCBS Chargemaster, Redding 280AI dies, boxes of bullets, powder 2 chrony's (shot the first one...doh!).... not to mention the entire 30x45 heated floor shop space it sits in that was just constructed last year to serve as my family's outdoors warehouse...

7mag.

WKR
I feel better now, after reading what some of you guys have purchased. My list is a little smaller.

Mystery Ranch BDSB (Grizzly)
Sawyer squeeze filter
Kifaru pullouts
Kuiu Attack pants
Merino socks

I'll upgrade my shelter and sleeping bag next year. The best purchase I made was the pack. I've never had a pack of that quality, and it makes a huge difference in comfort and confidence about carrying a heavy load.

2rocky

WKR
It has been a steady piece-at-a-time process for me.
Meindl AK hikers
Vortex Razor 10x42 binos
Alaknak II 12x12 wall tent
WM Ultralite 30deg bag
Ptarmagin bivy
Rino 530 gps-radio
Hoyt Alphamax 35 bow
Chugach rain gear
Big Agnes Storm King bag
2012 (most expensive year yet)
Smartwool top (gift)
stock trailer
new horse

Last edited:
Not funny Yk!!
The trials and tribulations of being married to a full fledged gear junky are magnified 10 fold because there are two of us!

Hehehe. Well I appreciate the contributions you guys have made to my gear knowledge base.

At least I have narrowed my hobbies down. Before I moved to Fairbanks, my wife and I did a lot of backcountry canoe trips. Priced a 17 ft kevlar tripping canoe recently? Now most of my "disposable income" seems to go to my kids wooden trains.

Yk

I'm right there with ya 7Mag...
This year has been my biggest year of gear purchases and its not a lot compared to some guys here... :)

Kenetrek Extreme's
Used like new first lite LLano merino upper shirt
Kuiu Spindrift
Kuiu Gaiters
Kifaru T1 in Coyote (supposed ship date was YESTERDAY)
Vortex Viper HD 65 spotter with Rocketfish tripod
Tines Up digiscoping kit
Replacement pins and fibers with sightlight for my spothogg.

Still need to get replacement broadhead blades, and might go in halves with the hunting partner for a tarptent StratoSpire 2 tent.

Still using my old inflatable thermarest sleeping pad (about 1 1/4" thick when inflated... lol), and 5 year old Marmot sawtooth 20* bag.

Still don't have any decent raingear and would like some merino lower base layers and boxers. But I think I'm just going to pack my small rain poncho this year and call it good and wait till next year to save up for the Chugach set, slikbag, and probably grab a used NeoAir as well...

Mike

sk1

WKR
That makes me feel better about myself..... thanks! :)

Mike

glad i could help....

i also forgot im going to pickup a stoic merino tshirt, and probably a tenzing 6000 pack yet this year as well

however, after this year i should be pretty well situated to the point i should just have to maintain here and there, i HOPE lol

Big Sky

Lil-Rokslider
So far I have bought a Nikon ed50, an eyepiece for the ed50, Mystery ranch nice frame and 6500 bag, Golite sl5, and an exped sinmat sl7. Plus all of the smaller things the I have bought

Curtis C

WKR
Kifaru Duplex Frame
Kifaru DT2 bag
Kifaru Mega Tarp
Spot Hogg Hunter

Next will be a WM Megalite sleeping bag and then a bow quiver. After that I will be set. I think.... maybe......UMMMM....Yea

This stuff hasn't cost me out of pocket yet, and shouldn't be much when it does. I sold 3 backpacks, 2 sleeping bags, a DXT bow, some other random stuff, and hauled a bunch old car parts(radiators, brake rotors,etc) to the scrap yard.

C

Above Timber

Lil-Rokslider
Thin year this year on the amount of gear I bought however it was not light on the wallet right at 1600 bucks ouch.

Mathews Heli-m bow
One Dozen Goldtip Kinetics
Kifaru T-2 Pack

OP
tstowater

tstowater

WKR
Never been to one, but this is kinda like going to an AA meeting. Just glad that some of you have been more ambitious than me this year. This reminds me of group therapy.

Big Sky

Lil-Rokslider
It is a problem but looking at it I blame Bitteroot Bulls for half of my spending.

hunting1

WKR
Kifaru Long Hunter, DT3 bag, belt pockets, cargo panel, new bow, new .308 rifle, Leupold MK4, dies, arrow stuff, targets, and I sure alot of stuff I cannot even remember and oh yeah, hunting licenses. It is fun, but gets expensive.

A GoLite SL5, a Kifaru small stove, a Kifaru duplex frame and cargo panel plus two small belt pockets and two long pockets, some tyvek for a ground cloth in the SL5, a new spot hogg hunter hogg it, Kuiu chugach top and bottom, firstlite boxers and a short sleeve top, Kuiu attack pants in brown, Kuiu guide vest and beanie in brown, a new rei stratus sleeping pad, and some darn tough socks. I think those are the only upgrades from last year! Yikes... I won't have to do this much next year.

shaun

WKR
BA Copper Spur UL1, Outdoorsmans med tripod with pistol grip, Kenetrek Boots, Jet Stream Vest, Garmin Oregan 450T, KUIU rain gear, Bowtech Insanity, Nikon ED50. Plus a good amount of odds and ends this off season was pretty pricey thank god for a tax return

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Eberlestock Battleship
Zen Ray ED3 10x42
MSR Hubba
Trekkin Poles
Exped UL7
Asolo Sasslongs
First Lite - pants, llano crew, llano qz, beanie, 2 boxers

a3dhunter

WKR
kifaru timberline, golite sl5, katadyn hiker pro, black diamond trekking poles, lowa ranger boots, asolo sasslong boots, Russell apx raintamer jacket, spot, kifaru pullouts and belt pouches, havalon knife, Princeton remix headlamp, minox md50 spotter

Kifaru Timberline 2 w/ grab-it, lashing straps, small & med pockets and pullouts
Exped Ul7
Petzl Tikka XP 2
Black Diamond Z-Poles

Still pondering a new shelter...

KWest141

FNG
Core4Element Element Jacket
Element Pants
Switchback Pants
Assault Shirt
Cabelas Space Rain Suit
New Bow String