What have you bought lately??

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I'm having a custom rifle built right now!
Tikka action, 27" Brux SS #5 contour fluted barral chamberred in 6.5-.06 Ackley. I can't wait for this thing to get done!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
2Much I have....should have bought Kifaru stock...

Paratarp
Small Stove
Annex
T3 Pack
New sleeping pad
Trailcam
Kuiu Guide Pants
Zpoles

mtmiller

WKR
Platypus hydration bag, MSR MicroStove, KUIU gaitors. Been pretty good lately since I am still trying to pay for a GAP NT 7WSM.

i just bought some first lite base layers. these are my first wool under garments so im excited to try them out and ill be buying a spotting scope here in the near future

Last edited:
oh yea and two drom lite 6l hydration bags. i wasnt supposed to need any gear for this hunt and im already looking at a grand! my wife is gonna kill me when she see's my credit card bill. baby number four on the way and im buying hunting gear.lol! i may have a problem!

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'm always buying/tweaking, so its just a matter of what "lately" is considered. In the past week I've picked up:

Extra camera batteries for the cameras I take into the field
2 Thermarest Prolite XS pads
2 Compack Chair Kits
Another Dromlite 6L and hose kit
Another style camera mount for another camera
GoLite Puffy coat and rain jacket for my pops for up coming Kodiak goat hunt w/him
Another $2200 packraft Big Rig

Its a darn good thing Becca is in denial about her being a gear junkie almost as bad as me so she doesn't mind as it usually benefits her comfort in the backcountry anyways. Just don't ever tell your wife that you are done purchasing cause the upgrades are never really done the more you use the stuff the more you find you could try different things to make it more comfy and what not in the backcountry.

Lawnboi

WKR
Oddly enough, i havnt bought anything in the last few months. SAD, i miss buying stuff for backpacking and hunting. Fire academy all summer has drained me of time, a good chunk of money, and the energy to do anything but workout, sleep and study

BuckSnort

WKR
I'm having a custom rifle built right now!
Tikka action, 27" Brux SS #5 contour fluted barral chamberred in 6.5-.06 Ackley. I can't wait for this thing to get done!

Sweet!! That thing should shoot like a Laser!... Any idea's on finished weight? Keep us updated on the build please..

Who's doing the build?..If you don't mind me asking..

bobhunts

WKR
Between KUIU and First Light my winter season was a spending one. I'm pretty much set up for now. Going to Alaska next year so the gear list is in prep for that hunt, and I'm adding a new Hoyt for this year in Colorado hunting Elk. Also got a MR on Craigs list for cheap. The nice frame and hauler.

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
Zen ray 10x43 ed3s, 3pair icebreaker redram boxer briefs, Princeton remix headlamp, a dozen maxima arrows, asolo sassalongs, black diamond trekking poles, and I'm sure a few other things in th last 3 weeks.

Lets see since i drew my elk tag. a new Darton DS-3800, Tru Glo micro brite and quiver, Qad rest , Slick Trick broad heads, Sitka downpour jacket and pants, First Lite Llano base layer shirt, Tenzing TZ 2220 pack, Core 4 Element assault 1/4 zip shirt, 2 sets of Kings camo shirts and Pants, 8 pairs cabelas wool and or ultimax socks .....I cant even remember if there is anything else....lol..... what a sickness

Last edited:

IAHNTR

WKR
Vortex spotter, promaster t525p tripod, window mount, jetboil sol, SL-5, spindrift, guide jacket, BD poles, Dana pack, and all the little stuff that seems to add up

KUIU Chugach top and bottom, guide jacket, guide vest, Brooks trail runners, Kifaru T2, and two pairs of Sitka Mountain Pants. I also am having my bow dipped into ASAT camo.

Being deployed with no bills and no one to support back home does wonders to updating my gear :) Everything I have bought, less the Brooks shoes have been discounted to great prices. I have the time to sit over here and wait for the deals to pop up as I can't use the stuff until December anyhow.

On the list of things to get yet is the rest of the KUIU outerwear, a vortex 1000 Ranger, Mega Tarp with small stove and annex, Kifaru Grab It, Blacks Gold Ascent site, and two pairs of Hanwags.

Leupold 4.5x14
Jetboil Sol Ti
BA Copper Spur UL1
Sawyer Squeeze Bag Filter
Kuiu Attack Pants
Therm-a-Rest xTherm pad
First Light Shirt and long underwear
CVA Elkhorn Pro (maybe not the highest end but it's sort of a "just in case")
Dozen Easton Axis arrows
probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting

I did mitigate some of the cost by selling some of my old gear, though...that was helfpul.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet!! That thing should shoot like a Laser!... Any idea's on finished weight? Keep us updated on the build please..

Who's doing the build?..If you don't mind me asking..

The weight will be around 10#s I think and I'm having Greg at Southern Precision Rifles (Bugholes.com) build it.

bowuntr

WKR
Because of a Rokslide thread... I switched from my MSR Pocket Rocket and Ti pot to a Jetboil Sol stove.... We'll see how it works at 10k in three weeks... Ed F

I picked up a new regular size Neo-Air xlite pad this week which should fit in my Raven bivi better than the large standard neo-air I took last year. After repeated prompting from Luke I also ordered a Corral Gunslinger to get a little bit faster access to my rifle when backpacking.

Last edited:

kaboku68

WKR
So Far this Summer......
2012 Elite Answer 29/70 + Spot Hogg 7DPs + QAD LD Pro
2012 Quest Primal GFade 29/70 + Spott Hogg 7DPs+ QAD LD Pro
Tenzing 6000
Kodiak Canvas Flex Frame 10X10 = Dalton in late September
Thermarest 40th Anniversary R= For Wife
Marmot Helium + Membrane
Western Mountaineering Badger= Wife
Bergan's of Norway- 85l Lady Viking Pack
Geiger Rig 70oz Hydration pack for Engine
Marmot Shell for wife
Mr. Buddy Heater= Dalton
Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 2 for Goats
Black Diamond Syncline trekking poles with flitLocks
Kennetrek Moutain Extreme 400 boots - Backups for my Hanwags Trappers which are three seasons old.

Problem is that I am spending my summer working as a gear addict at a sporting goods store.

Sincerely,
Thomas