what headlaml

rgref522

WKR
Need to hear some suggestions on headlamps

my requirements are
needs to take AA batteries

need a red beam

different white beam brightnesses, adjustable dimmer is great

prefer batteries to be loaded behind light rather than an extra bulky battery box in the rear of headlamp

i walk in with a white light in the dark, then switch to red when i get close to my spot and am setting up, i do not want anything rechargeable because im terrible at keeping stuff charged, unless it is rechargeable with AA backups

thanks for the feedback

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
Black Diamond Spot. But it takes AAAs

ticks all the boxes you mention but battery size. I’m not even aware of a non-pack headlamp that takes AAs. Then again the two black diamonds I’ve had have been so bulletproof I haven’t needed to shop all that much in 25 years of using them.

rob86jeep

WKR
Zebralight if you want top of the line. There's a learning curve to them, but they're amazingly bright! I'm sure they make one that takes AA batteries.

Rob5589

WKR
I bought a BD Spot 350 this season. Great light, bright, tap to increase/decrease brightness, red light as well. Not aa, aaa batts in that one.

BigDog00

WKR
Check out the Coast FL85. Takes (3)AAA but does has a red light. It also allows you to adjust for a flood or spot beam. I've been really happy with mine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

energizer headlamps are 25 to 29 $ but take AAA batteries, as most headlamps. you can spend alot more if you want but these work as well as the petzl and black diamonds i have had in the past. i use two energizers now.

Maverick1

WKR
I have used a zebra light for several years. Very happy with them. AA batteries match the size in my other devices (GPS, spot), making backups very nice. Used to use a AAA headlamp. Kind of a PITA to carry backup AA and AAA batteries. Do not believe the zebra lights come with a white and red option though.

Phaseolus

WKR
I used to want AA batteries, after going to rechargeable headlamps I’ll not go back. I use a Fenix 65r among others.

Reactions: AZ8

AZ8

WKR
I used to want AA batteries, after going to rechargeable headlamps I’ll not go back. I use a Fenix 65r among others.
Yup. My Fenix is the best of all I've tried. Couple that with an Anker portable power pack and you'll never need batteries again.

Cowbell

WKR
energizer headlamps are 25 to 29 $ but take AAA batteries, as most headlamps. you can spend alot more if you want but these work as well as the petzl and black diamonds i have had in the past. i use two energizers now.
I agree with this. There is a 2 pack of LED energizers on Amazon right now for $17. Some things you don't get what you pay for.