What hunt doesn’t interest you?

I never really got the whole alligator hunting thing. I guess it could be a cool experience if it was done with the right group.

African game, although mostly because I like DIY. A DIY cape buffalo would probably be a puckerfest.

High fence anything.

Grizzly, although that just me convincing myself I don't want to since I'll never afford it.

Sheep and goats never held much of a draw but I can certainly see why people hold them in such high regard.

I mostly like hunting animals that are a current or historical food source. I like the tradition of chasing whitetail, elk, turkey, small game. ect.

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider
I enjoy hunting for the hunt and the comradery that happens during the hunt. A real challenge is important but I don't think I would like a polar bear hunt in Yuma Arizona, that's too much of a challenge.

I hunted South Africa and there was challenge. Yes there are high fences, but the properties we hunted were huge 20,000 acres was nothing. There was a lot of fun with the guides and other hunters, but you can't take the meat back, but it does go to the locals to keep them from poaching.

I enjoy coues deer hunting the best due to the challenge of trying to find those little rascals. With friends and family is a wonderful experience. I just got back from my annual aoudad hunt and it is close to the same as far as a challenge, had fun with friends and never saw a ram.

What I could never do is sit in a tree on someone's farm and shoot a whitetail walking by.

I have never been interested in bear hunting. Turkey is another hunt I go on if I can t fish. If I have to pick turkey or fishing in the spring I will pick fishing every time.

Turkey....almost forgot. I used to hunt them with a passion. Today I would rather mow the lawn than go turkey hunting.

TripleJ

WKR
I'm pretty open to most types of hunting, but musk ox hunting doesn't seem that appealing to me.

sneaky

"DADDY"
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider

Why hunt Vervet Monkey?​

Vervet Monkeys are often shot with some encouragement from a Professional Hunter wanting to rid his camp of a problem animal or when a farmer asks you for help to deter the remaining troops of Monkeys from raiding their crops. A crop raiding Monkey hunt can be extremely challenging as these animals disperse like greased lightning at any sign of danger. They make magnificent full mount trophies.

Goal: In my den, beside my Herman Miller Eames lounge chair, I have a full mount Vervet Monkey standing up in a crushed velvet tuxedo holding a platter for my nightly brandy.
You are not kidding about the challenge of hunting vervet monkeys, those little bastards can run. But regarding your goal of having a vervet monkey dressed in a crushed velvet tuxedo, I think you would be hiding his best attribute, his blue balls! Would you mount an elk and cover his antlers?

Why hunt Vervet Monkey?​

Vervet Monkeys are often shot with some encouragement from a Professional Hunter wanting to rid his camp of a problem animal or when a farmer asks you for help to deter the remaining troops of Monkeys from raiding their crops. A crop raiding Monkey hunt can be extremely challenging as these animals disperse like greased lightning at any sign of danger. They make magnificent full mount trophies.

Goal: In my den, beside my Herman Miller Eames lounge chair, I have a full mount Vervet Monkey standing up in a crushed velvet tuxedo holding a platter for my nightly brandy.
Can you please send a picture of this achievement?

RMM

WKR

Why hunt Vervet Monkey?​

Blue scrotum and all?

Edit: Damn, @Buckshotaz beat me to it

Elephant, rhino, giraffe don’t interest me.
Been to Africa. Had a blast. I think a lot of guys might change their tune about high fence if they went. Yes some is stupid and like shooting cattle but if you think you have the edge on any African animal you are wrong. They are high strung and sharp as a tack. But to each his own. I never thought I’d go in a million years but sorta fell into it.

I guess it depends on who’s paying first off. No interest in spending thousands on one guided sheep hunt or something when I could hunt deer and elk for years on my own with that money. I suppose something like Africa would be interesting, but just seeing the animals would be enough for me. If I can’t fill the freezer with meat I’m not really interested. I feel no urge to have a giraffe head on my wall. If they were needing to be managed and I could get a years meat out of it, plus on someone else’s dime, I’m in. Not interested in trophy hunts.