What is a good expandable broadhead?

KWest141

FNG
G5 T3 have performed well for me and also shot Grim Reapers a few years back. But prefer the rear deploying blades of the T3. Shot the doe below with a T3. Made a nice entry and exit. Just my .2 cents.

Attachments

• doe.jpg
    doe.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 36

Lawnboi

WKR
As of now the t3 is the only expandable I would really use, and i plan on using it this fall for deer and smaller game.

If the TT edge is anything like thier other heads im sure that will be another one ill consider.

B

bearguide

t3 and grim reaper / i want to try ulmer, but i do not like expandables i mostly shoot shuttle t, b/c they are 40 thick and do not break

J-Daddy

WKR
I might shoot the Ulmer Edge heads from Trophy Taker this year...I'll either be shooting them or Shuttle T-Locks.

My top expandables list: (in no order)

G5 T3
Trophy Ridge STEELHEAD XL

The ULMER EDGES are starting to ship this week and we will have those in shortly and I can't wait to test them.

J-Daddy

WKR
Evan, let me know what you think of the Ulmer's when they come in...I'm a dealer with them but I'm holding off on them until I they get caught up on them. I'd just like to hear a review from someone who actually knows something, lol.

Evan and I just got our Ulmer Edge heads today! I'm anxious to give them a try. I have used Vortex, Meatseeker, Spitfire, Stricknine, and mostly Sidewinder 3 from Trophy Ridge (Rocket). All work well as long as you have the KE to push it through.

J-Daddy

WKR
Evan and I just got our Ulmer Edge heads today! I'm anxious to give them a try. I have used Vortex, Meatseeker, Spitfire, Stricknine, and mostly Sidewinder 3 from Trophy Ridge (Rocket). All work well as long as you have the KE to push it through.

I've shot alot of mechanicals, my favorite was the Rocky Mountain Snyper 2 blade until they stopped making it...Never been happy with any "well maybe Grim Reapers" since then. Really looking forward to trying the Ulmer Edge.

I've shot tekans and t3's for the last five years. I put a shuttle t on my arrow last fall and had 0 zero adjustment on my bow b/t the two broadheads at 100 yards. I've been diehard expandable for a long time but if I can have the reliability of the fixed blade that shoots as well as the the expandable, I'm not sure I can keep myself from switching.

J-Daddy

WKR
I've shot tekans and t3's for the last five years. I put a shuttle t on my arrow last fall and had 0 zero adjustment on my bow b/t the two broadheads at 100 yards. I've been diehard expandable for a long time but if I can have the reliability of the fixed blade that shoots as well as the the expandable, I'm not sure I can keep myself from switching.
Yeah I fight with that too because of the Shuttle T...Those things just flat out shoot great for a fixed blade head. I mainly side for mechanicals because of the larger cutting diameter on them.

j-daddy,

Like Aerohead300 said...we got our Ulmer Edge's in MONDAY....it was AWESOME. We are going to be having some fun with these!!!! I still have turkey tags!!!

J-Daddy

WKR
j-daddy,

Like Aerohead300 said...we got our Ulmer Edge's in MONDAY....it was AWESOME. We are going to be having some fun with these!!!! I still have turkey tags!!!

Sounds good...Do me a solid and shoot them at long range and tell me how they compare to field tips at say 80-100yds when you get time.