What is everyone's career choice??

CJ19

WKR
Speaking from experience, that's not going to go over well and you will look like you're "not bonding with your team" or "not a team player".

Two jobs ago, I was even sent to HR over "racist body language". I read the report and someone reported me for "standing up straight"... I shit you not.
Hopefully your company offers online training so you understand how your micro aggressions traumatize others.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Production technician In a state-of-the-art manufacturing plant. Maintain and repair machines all day.
Crazy career path. All my life from a wee lad through college I could think of being nothing but a police officer. As I got to the last semester of college and got to know troopers and their lives, I couldn't stomach the thought of being a cop. Started at this company as a forklift operator, and just from having basic mechanical skills from around the house and on-the-job training I moved up into this awesome position. Great pay, and a sick amount of off time. Love it

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
Mechanic for 31 years. For the last 13 years I've been self employed as a pilot car driver. I'm retiring at the end of the year.

Surprised to see I’m the only truck driver on here, mostly I’ve done beverage and convenience store delivery but I recently started hauling cars, so I may be back in the beverage or convenience delivery business soon if car sales don’t turn a corner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moose63Pa

FNG
Mechanic for a smaller Railroad the past 4 years. Before that was heavy equipment mechanic, specifically scrap and recycling equipment. Also farm, and run my own mobile repair business.

Yoder

WKR
Production technician In a state-of-the-art manufacturing plant. Maintain and repair machines all day.
Crazy career path. All my life from a wee lad through college I could think of being nothing but a police officer. As I got to the last semester of college and got to know troopers and their lives, I couldn't stomach the thought of being a cop. Started at this company as a forklift operator, and just from having basic mechanical skills from around the house and on-the-job training I moved up into this awesome position. Great pay, and a sick amount of off time. Love it
Sounds kind of similar to what I do. I repair Semiconductor equipment. We work on some of the equipment used in making computer chips. Been doing it for almost 30 years. Great pay, benefits and schedule. Still makes me want to steer my car into a pole every morning. 🙂

Wags

WKR

You made the right choice.

Operator

Lil-Rokslider
Board operator at a oil refinery, you know it's the person they blame when there are equipemenf failures. Pretty good job, once I'm released off restrictions from back surgery I can get back outside in the unit that I'm qualified for.