What Is Needed for Non Res to Operate a UTv In WYO

Slugz

WKR
My Ranger is registered in Colorado with a OHV sticker. We dont plate UTVs down here.

It makes sense I need a WYO ORV permit for the trails and ORV marked roads to operate and Ill get one.

My research though has led me then to this question. As a non res with a DL, insurance and title. Do I need to get a MPV permit to run my Ranger on a dirt road in Wyoming? And can I even do that as a Non res.

WYO DOT says I dont if Im plated in another state. But Colorado doesnt plate them.

What do I need to do to be legal?

Thanks

wyosteve

WKR
I believe if it's not plated in another state then you would have to get it plated up here which would be a headache because I don't think the County Clerk will issue a plate unless you have a Wyo. title, meet all requirements for 'street legal', i.e. horn, brake lights, etc. Might give the county clerk in the county where you'd be driving it a call to check for sure. Good luck.

OP
Slugz

Slugz

WKR
UPDATE after calling

Out of state plate/ or state sticker if they don't plate ( ie CO) and I meet the min requirements, I'm legal on any road except highway.
ORV sticker required for everything else. Looks like I can get one at a local shop.

wytx

WKR
Does not have to be street legal unless you want to drive it on a public road, the orv sticker is what you need.
Buy it at lots of spots, sporting goods stores and atv dealers.

Just put a fake Utah license plate on from a truck stop gift shop. Try a cool license plate name like Bryson, Cade or Asher and no one will mess with your UTV while you're out hunting, nor will they turn you in for taking it to infinity and beyond.