What is on your gear acquistion list for this upcoming season?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
- More KUIU.....4sure. I was lucky enough to get in early on some gear from this new company last year and am looking for another piece or two.

- Ultra light weight trekking poles. I used a set packing my bull in Montana last year and shed hunting. They definately take the stress off the knees and are an added weight I am willing to pack around.

dotman

WKR
I don't even want to think about this, already too much stuff done that wasn't planned. Tent, pack and sleeping bag so far. I need to cut the madness back, oh yeah since imy shelter is of the tarp variety i picked up some trekking poles.

GrayGhost

FNG
New Pants, Shirt and Coat, have no choice due to the weight lose/fat reduction and a lot of it thank God! Going all grey and black. Got tired of looking like I was wearing pajamas! Wind is everything!

cmeier117

WKR
I need a pair of early season pants. Either Attack of Sitka Timberline or something along those lines.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm hoping to get a KUIU Guide vest and hopefully a few 185 merino tops, and some new boots!

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I think a Garmin Oregon 450 is on the list, then a full Kuiu set.

Hmmm, better get started on that overtime...

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
More Sitka for sure. Ordered the T-1 a month ago.....got the itch for a T-3 this morning. Pulled the trigger before I could change my own mind! Probably another tent also.

I am going to be picking up a packraft before my fall hunts this year. I have wanted one for a while and now Larry Bartlett has come out with one that is perfectly suited for backcountry hunting called the big rig! I am hoping it will be in my arsenal soon so I can get some time in it before my hunts!

Gman

WKR
Funny I thought I was all set 30 days ago but app season has the gear juices flowin - need to retool my bow and arrows, more KUIU, timberline2 is a want but a strong want, maybe some BD trekking poles... Who knows what I'll find I need in the next 30 days?

Arteman

FNG
This off-season ill be gearing up with lightweight backcountry camp gear, tents, sleeping bag, cooking utensils, water filter, etc. I'm already geared up in the clothing, and pack department. About killed myself last year on my highbuck hunt with all that heavy stuff.

I have most items but you always need more! The hit list includes: a new dozen arrows, some more broadheads, some new rain gear (looking at KUIU hard!) and a pair of firstlite kanab pants.