What is the best scope on the market?

according to this site/24 hr campfire, the only scope that holds zero is either a $400 SWFA from the Philippines or a 4 pound Nightforce with a Christmas tree reticle. Oh, make sure to lap your rings, and bed your bases, and rip your gun apart and re-bed it because it's definitely not the shooter's fault for .75 MOA groups.
Oh, you mean to actually do things right.

OMB

WKR
Oh, you mean to actually do things right.
Not saying there isn't room for improvement from some manufacturers on tracking and their erectors. I'd just be willing to bet a majority of people crying about their set up not shooting MOA is more on the shooter.

I'll start pulling mounts of everything I shot with a Swaro or Leupold scope off the wall tomorrow, it will take a couple of weeks but I'll make sure everything I shoot going forward has been bounced off concrete a few times to make sure it's good enough.

freddyG

WKR
according to this site/24 hr campfire, the only scope that holds zero is either a $400 SWFA from the Philippines or a 4 pound Nightforce with a Christmas tree reticle. Oh, make sure to lap your rings, and bed your bases, and rip your gun apart and re-bed it because it's definitely not the shooter's fault for .75 MOA groups.
If you are going to talk smack, at least get your facts straight. Nothing worse than ignorance.

norcan

FNG
Here in Norway where hunting after sunset is legal, light transmission is king. It seems that the top hunting scope is the Zeiss Victory HT series because they have the brightest/clearest glass on the market, plus the weight and size are reasonable considering their optical performance.

The Zeiss V8 range along with Leica and Swarovski's top-of-the-line stuff are of course extremely nice, but they're a bit dimmer while also being bulkier and heavier, so most tend to go for the 95%+ light transmission option.

It's not all about the brightness, either. Compared to the mid-level scope (Hawke Endurance) that my rifle came with, there's a significant difference in the quality of the illuminated dot. The Hawke dot covers over 1" at 100 m and has a limited adjustment range, while the Zeiss has a tiny pure dot that goes from just visible with night-adjusted eyes to more than bright enough for full direct sun.

The Hawke is nice glass for the money, but you can see and feel the difference in mechanical and optical quality going to the top-of-the-line German stuff.