What is the focus of today’s Pope and Young Club?

Beendare

WKR
Re; P&Y...is a good outfit. It used to be they snubbed their nose if you shot a compound....not anymore.

But if you are looking for an org that fights for hunters...this probably isn't it.

The fight for hunting is -unfortunately- becoming more about court battles and lobbying in the legislature. One outfit that really has some horsepower there is SCI....thats why I'm a member.

I can see where their slant towards expensive guided hunts- and the type of men that do those is a turn off to many. I think of it this way; These high net worth guys are good to have on our side....

______

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes. Originally tried posting this on bowsite but my submitted post was never published (likely censored). There is a zealous P&Y following on bowsite that sometimes stands in the way of open discussion. (Have nothing against either and am still active on bowsite). I’ve seen quite a big P&Y push lately, and not being able to ask questions there, posted here in the hope of some honest discussion of the club‘s current focus. P&Y’s website doesn’t clarify anything. As a lifelong bowhunter I am actually curious about what P&Y is about today. No blasphemy intended.

:ROFLMAO: The Bowsite would never censor such a simple question. You would have to post you were planning to make a hit on the leadership to even raise an eyebrow...Pat is very lenient. I’d go with you made an error trying to post there.

I’ve not read all the replies but the records chairman is very active here; I’m sure Ed will have a good answer.

I’m a life member. P&Y is the only organization representing bow hunters that has the numbers and the science and the history to speak as a national voice to fish and game departments about bow hunting.

You see an increase in on-line traffic about P&Y lately because everyone was supposed to be going to the big get together next month. Guys were excited to see old friends, raise money for the organization, and have a good time. Now there will be traffic with online auctions to try to still raise funds in the midst of the Coronavirus.

MattB

WKR
:ROFLMAO: The Bowsite would never censor such a simple question. You would have to post you were planning to make a hit on the leadership to even raise an eyebrow...Pat is very lenient. I’d go with you made an error trying to post there.

I’ve not read all the replies but the records chairman is very active here; I’m sure Ed will have a good answer.

I’m a life member. P&Y is the only organization representing bow hunters that has the numbers and the science and the history to speak as a national voice to fish and game departments about bow hunting.

You see an increase in on-line traffic about P&Y lately because everyone was supposed to be going to the big get together next month. Guys were excited to see old friends, raise money for the organization, and have a good time. Now there will be traffic with online auctions to try to still raise funds in the midst of the Coronavirus.

Pat, yes. But Charlie? Not so sure. But I do not know how much influence he has on moderation.

Trial153

WKR
I cant count the number of post i have made on there recently that have disappeared, fairly benign for the most part.

OP
Spiral Horn
Pat, yes. But Charlie? Not so sure. But I do not know how much influence he has on moderation.
A few of my recent posts there have vanished or never posted. Tried posting an announcement about my SCI Bowhunting Chapter’s Annual Banquet and Auction a few weeks ago. Certain that many on bowsite would have been interested. It posted, but Charlie immediately pulled it down. The censorship is certainly annoying but I still love bowsite for the news affecting Bowhunting, archery equipment, tips, etc, and especially for the many friends I’ve made there over the years.

Last edited: