What is the lightest & warmest jacket for backpacking

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck, can’t wait to hear how it goes

I don’t know if you were responding to me but my Montbell mirage is 13 ounces and warmer than my FL chamberlin which is listed at 25 ounces (don’t know which size is that weight). Chamberlin is tougher and more windproof but still, the difference in overall warmth is instantly noticeable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
+1 kuiu superdown

Spend your money on experience before you spend it on fancy gear.

The superdown ultra is $300 and offers very little warmth. The superdown pro is $400 and is warm but overpriced.

If you’re looking to spend money on experience rather than gear then these are the wrong puffies to purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FURMAN

WKR
What is the lightest jacket with greatest amount of warmth for early fall backpack mountain hunting (Aug-late Sept.)? Will have rain jacket, so weather proofing not too important.

Looking at jackets like First Lite's Brooks Down Sweater for example.

There is no free lunch and puffys are no exception. If you want ultra light you will be giving up warmth. I do not feel the Ultra down is warm enough. The lightest puffy that I feel meets my needs is the Super Down Pro. It provides enough warmth for around 25 degrees with only a base layer. Obviously the layering system you choose will dictate how cold you can handle.

SniperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I had looked at the Sherpa Jackets in the past but completley forgot about them, I will check thrm out.
Cheers,

Hoping the Stone Glacier Grumman will also come in this color I saw today very soon:

Not a big fan of the “Space Suit Gray”, but love their Grumman puffy jacket ... patiently waiting.

ChrisAU

WKR
Hoping the Stone Glacier Grumman will also come in this color I saw today very soon:

View attachment 122717

Not a big fan of the “Space Suit Gray”, but love their Grumman puffy jacket ... patiently waiting.

Yep I’d be in line for that! I have a space man one and it is more muted in person and would blend in just fine in the mountains in rocky areas, but I do have a Caribou brown Arc’Terx Cerium LT on the way not entirely because of the color but I definitely think I’ll prefer the brown color around town.

tonedover

FNG
i wear a patagonia down sweater
im sure there are lighter options, but i really like the warm to weight ratio and its a style and color i wear around town

i also just recently bought a kelvin lite hoody but that doesnt fit your criteria