What is the most comfortable backpack you have ever worn?

Had a MR but it slid down my hips with meat loads. Tried Kirafu and exo, but SG xcurve seems to fit me best. Like others have mentioned trying them all will find the best fit for your body type. I
What’s your build? I’m interested in a SG pack, but they seem to be really hit or miss depending on each persons body proportions

People come in different shapes and sizes so it's a personal preference. For me the Stone Glacier Xcurve has been the best hands down. It doesn't matter if I'm just packing lightweight picnic stuff for the kiddo while fly fishing, a whole caribou (quartered up of course) or moose hindquarters, the thing is always surprisingly comfortable and always stays where I put it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
What’s you’re build? I’m interested in moving from Exo to SG. I’m 6’ 175lbs
For me it's been the SG Xcurve. Tried Kuiu, Kifaru, MR and Exo but I always come back to the SG. I would love to try the SO frames at some point though.
Everyone is so different. My SG does not fit my son very well and he loves his KUIU.
Seems like most people prefer the SG or kifaru packs. You’ve tried both. Any reason in particular you favor SG? I run Exo which I like a lot, but when I tried on a kifaru it felt like a whole different ballgame..

Wow, seems as though EXO is at the bottom of the comfort list here.

I think some, not all, have experienced the comfort go downhill on Exo once the weight got over 80lbs. Hunting packs, in particular, must be evaluated on comfort not just on 40 - 50lb loads, but over 80lb to truly be deemed comfortable.

ElkNut1

WKR
No way! Exo is absolutely in the top 2. I've owned many of the popular packs, EXO all the way. Over 160 loads of elk packed on my back & EXO takes the cake!

ElkNut

Kifaru Kutthroat. Any pack weight under 70lbs that internal frame is For heavier loads, the Duplex Lite

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't consider it comfort at over 80 lb. I would consider how bearable it is. All of these packs are excellent quality but just like anything what's good for me might not be good for you.

Turkeyfreak12

Lil-Rokslider
SG xcurve with either the approach or the 7900 is just amazing. Been doing a lot of packing with it and I can’t find any issues.

I wouldn't consider it comfort at over 80 lb. I would consider how bearable it is. All of these packs are excellent quality but just like anything what's good for me might not be good for you.

I agree. To expand my comment, I have had a couple packs with 80 - 90lbs that I just couldn't wait to get off my back. I have had others that same weight was at least ok to be on my back. I'm not saying it felt amazing as heavy is heavy no matter what, but it fit my back and didn't make me want to swallow a bullet. You should never have a point load or hot spots in any particular area. That means incorrect fit or just the frame doesn't fit your back and body profile.

Stalker69

WKR
So I was pretty set on a EXO, but after reading this kuiu has been mentioned quit a bit, and has caught my attention. I can’t tell if it has a load shelf like the EXO, or do you have to pack the meat in the bag itself ( 5500) ?

Last edited:
≤ 50lbs - Osprey Aether 60
> 50lbs - MR Terraframe 50 (or anything else with the Guide Light MT frame).

scott_co

Lil-Rokslider
So I was pretty set on a EXO, but after reading this kuiu has been mentioned quit a bit, and has caught my attention. I can’t tell if it has a load shelf like the EXO, or do you have to pack the meat in the bag itself ( 5500) ?
The Kuiu packs have a load shelf so that you do not need to pack meat in the bag.

VASolocam

FNG
What’s you’re build? I’m interested in moving from Exo to SG. I’m 6’ 175lbs

Seems like most people prefer the SG or kifaru packs. You’ve tried both. Any reason in particular you favor SG? I run Exo which I like a lot, but when I tried on a kifaru it felt like a whole different ballgame..
I ran kifaru for two seasons, both elk hunting and multi week summer backpacking. I loved the function of the kifaru bags. The fulcrum was my favorite bag ever, it just worked great for multi week backpacks carrying lots of family gear. The kifaru frame was never a fantastic fit for me and I did have some trouble with the lumbar pad creating a hot spot in warm weather.
i went to the stone glacier headquarters and tried on the xxurve with 60 pounds. They let me walk around the parking lot for awhile and I find that the pack fit my frame like a glove. I still wish that the sg pack bags has a few more features and maybe a color that blends better in elk county. I’ve run the Sg for three years now and absolutely love it. I’ve never had a hot spot with the lumbar pad and the load transfer to the hip belt is fantastic.

DANJR

FNG
Mystery Ranch system. I've got the Sawtooth 45 and a Mule, load sling, etc. Their updated frames from last year are crazy comfortable. I use my pack for hunting and backpacking, and am never left wanting anything else.