What is the most user friendly trail cam?

StevenB

FNG
is there a trail cam that has a simple system for viewing. Perhaps a screen on the trallcam itself? Or maybe on the Will transfer wireless to an iPad.

Good battery use, clear images and quality lenses are important but not the highest priority

TheACGuy

FNG
I recently picked up four Tactacam Reveal X cams. So far I like them a lot! Set up for the camera is on the app, as well as a “testing” viewing screen on the app. The testing screen is nice because you can walk into the target zone of your cam while watching your phone to see if you like the sight picture. This is a cell cam, so it sends you one picture per photo group (if using burst), but the X does not send video, you must pull the SD card for that. Picture quality is pretty good with the “thumbnail” pictures it sends you, and then once you have some pics you have the option to pay $5 to get 50 HD pictures sent to you as well. I’d recommend lithium batteries if not going with a solar panel or external battery.

With that being said, if you’re truly looking for the most simple viewing camera, these may not be it as you do have to pull the SD card and use a reader to see every single photo if taking burst photos, and video as well. As far as everything else goes, they seem to be really great cameras at a damn good price point if you’re into letting them soak. I’m using my cams just for inventory purposes, so one picture at a time is enough for me. If not going the cell camera route, stay mindful of how often you’re going to check your cams.. the longer you can wait the better your results will be most likely.

OP
StevenB

StevenB

FNG
The idea of a cell phone app to help in setup helped me think outside of my troubles. I’ve located an IOS se card reader device. It’ll send Sd card content to my iPad or IOS phones.

Thanks for the battery suggestion too. I think my PC i literacy has started to kick in after buying iphone 1 in 2012.

TheACGuy

FNG
The idea of a cell phone app to help in setup helped me think outside of my troubles. I’ve located an IOS se card reader device. It’ll send Sd card content to my iPad or IOS phones.

Thanks for the battery suggestion too. I think my PC i literacy has started to kick in after buying iphone 1 in 2012.
Lol glad you got something figured out!

Interior

FNG