What is the single best mule deer hunting podcast episode you’ve heard?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the mentions guys.

He doesn’t do many but Randy Ulmer’s dropping wisdom nuggets every time I hear him. Just do a search. I’ve caught about 3 with him. Jay Scott did one of them.

OP
Josh Hojem
Thanks for the mentions guys.

He doesn’t do many but Randy Ulmer’s dropping wisdom nuggets every time I hear him. Just do a search. I’ve caught about 3 with him. Jay Scott did one of them.
Thanks Robby. Will search those ones up and listen. I remember hearing one of his last years. May have been the Jay Scott one.

270Hunter

FNG
Some of my favorite podcasters, Cody Rich has muley Monday podcasts that are always packed full of knowledge, any podcast with Jason Carter and Adam Bronson, Brian Barney at Eastman's Elevated is a great podcast, any podcast with Robby Denning is going to be so insightful. I would recommend picking up Robby's book and I also liked Mike Eastman's book, its more directed towards the high country, but big deer are big deer. Some other people to look at and listen to are Dioni Amuchastegui, Brady Miller, Ryan Lampers and Randy Ulmer.

My favorite mule deer podcasts though would probably be The Hunt Backcountry Podcast episodes 13, 18 and 237, Robby Denning is in all of those. I've listened to all of those episodes' multiple times, and I always pull information from them when I listen to them.

Good Luck on your hunt!

I like listening to podcast during the off season. Guys like Jason carter, Robby Denning, and Brian Call have good info and know how to kill big bucks! I like to listen to guys that can find and kill big ones.

I’ve listened to a lot of random podcast from a bunch of different guys! When listening to someone I haven’t heard of, I like to pull up their IG, Facebook or webpage and see what kind of bucks they are killing! If I’m seeing kill photos of dink bucks, I stop listening.
Brian call? Lol

I don’t put Brian him in the same big mule deer camp as Carter and Robby Denning. Greg krogh and Randy Ulmer are big mule deer guys too. I enjoy listening to them when they speak

OP
Josh Hojem
Some of my favorite podcasters, Cody Rich has muley Monday podcasts that are always packed full of knowledge, any podcast with Jason Carter and Adam Bronson, Brian Barney at Eastman's Elevated is a great podcast, any podcast with Robby Denning is going to be so insightful. I would recommend picking up Robby's book and I also liked Mike Eastman's book, its more directed towards the high country, but big deer are big deer. Some other people to look at and listen to are Dioni Amuchastegui, Brady Miller, Ryan Lampers and Randy Ulmer.

My favorite mule deer podcasts though would probably be The Hunt Backcountry Podcast episodes 13, 18 and 237, Robby Denning is in all of those. I've listened to all of those episodes' multiple times, and I always pull information from them when I listen to them.

Good Luck on your hunt!
Thanks for the specific episodes @270Hunter . I will be listening to all of those. Appreciate you.

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Brian call? Lol

I don’t put Brian him in the same big mule deer camp as Carter and Robby Denning. Greg krogh and Randy Ulmer are big mule deer guys too. I enjoy listening to them when they speak
Oh crap, I’m glad someone saw that mistake! Guess I should proof read before posting. It’s obviously time for a vacation! It was supposed to say Brian Barney, as it was posted by ScottR! Dude has good content and guest!
You’re absolutely right, Call isn’t even in the same category as Carter, Ulmer and Denning!

Oh crap, I’m glad someone saw that mistake! Guess I should proof read before posting. It’s obviously time for a vacation! It was supposed to say Brian Barney, as it was posted by ScottR! Dude has good content and guest!
You’re absolutely right, Call isn’t even in the same category as Carter, Ulmer and Denning!
Oh ok That makes sense Brian Barney is a legit dude! Great Bowhunter

brocksw

WKR
Not necessarily strictly hunting but I learned more about Mule deer ecology from this episode of meat eater than any other single podcast episode. I seriously listen to it on the drive to every out of state hunt just as a reminder of how cool of animals they really are. Gets me pumped up like listening to heavy metal before a football game.

That's one of the best hunting podcast episodes all time imo. So much awesome information. Dr. Monteith and company are doing great work.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a preferred source to order the book from? I found it on Amazon, but I worry the Amazons of the world screw the author out of $$.

A good question but believe it or not I feel Amazon treats me very fairly considering they handle all the printing/distributions/ and a chunk of marketing.

I wish there was another way to do it, but right now Amazon kind of rules the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk