What is the worst piece of Sitka Gear?

Eh, that hoodie may be my favorite piece. The mittens are great to carry shit when it's cold and you're walking.

Yeah I agree, the Fanatic is probably my favorite Sitka piece.

For least favorite, I'd say the cut of the Jetstream jacket. I've wanted one for years but every time I try one on, the hem is barely below my belly button - just cut way too short.

TravisIN

WKR
I don’t understand why they don’t have hand pockets. Same with all the Kuiu hoodies.

I’m assuming they do that so it doesn’t add bulk to where the belt of a pack would go. But I wish they’d add it. Or remove the mitts off the fanatic hoody. I’m wearing a fanatic as we speak but I don’t layer with it bc of the bulk on the wrists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree, the Fanatic is probably my favorite Sitka piece.

For least favorite, I'd say the cut of the Jetstream jacket. I've wanted one for years but every time I try one on, the hem is barely below my belly button - just cut way too short.
Interesting, Jetsteam is one of my favorite Sitka peices. I'm 6'4" 260#, big belly and my XXXL is plenty long.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Maybe that's my problem, I'm 6'1" 185# and the large fits properly but is way too short and the XL fits like a sleeping bag but is long enough

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
I’m assuming they do that so it doesn’t add bulk to where the belt of a pack would go. But I wish they’d add it. Or remove the mitts off the fanatic hoody. I’m wearing a fanatic as we speak but I don’t layer with it bc of the bulk on the wrists.

I fold them out when I put it on, then wrap them back around the outside of whatever I jacket I have on. They go out around the sleeve of the Fanatic jacket.

I only have the incinerator coat and bibs, traverse hoody and some hats but I love all of them. Next will be the timberline pants.

99% of their pants are useless to me. I'd keep and use the Timberline pants, but that's about it. They still fail to put any sort of hip vent of any type in their pants and I cannot get the heat and moisture out fast enough for almost all of my hunts. Kuiu is 110% better in the pants department than Sitka.

Elkero

FNG
Their glove lineup has lots of room for improvement. Also I had issues with their merino wool bottoms, to their credit they did send me a new pair. Have since switched to their synthetic bottoms and they have held up well.

I used to bag on my buddies for spending so much on Sitka but since I switched I am convinced it is $ well spent. I froze for years with under armor base shirts, followed by a wool shirt and a Wal Mart camo jacket. After the morning hike I would stay wet and cold all day. Sitka breathes so well you are conformable and can stay out longer.

Elkero

FNG
I know I am the odd ball, but I absolutely hate the hood on the Core Heavyweight Hoody! I wish it had the same style hood as the Core Lightweight Hoody. I would wear it all the time.

What exactly do not like about it? The Core lightweight hoody is one of my favorites and was looking at adding the Core Heavyweight hoody this year.

tlkaetz

WKR
I hate how it zips up half way up your face. I wish it would stop below the chin like the Core Lightweight Hoody.

I had the core lightweight hoodie on while open carrying a glock 20 and the glock "grip" shredded the hoodie to pieces. After 5 hours of hiking around I noticed a large hole in the garment. I wouldn't say its necessarily Sitka's fault, but I thought it would be a little more durable than that. The glock stock grip isn't even that grippy!

OP
1shotgear

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
First thing first thanks for all the comments and keeping it civil, this kind of topic can get heated fast and you guys ran with it like champs. The turn out was great and I hope that new guys and girls of Rokslide can go throw this and find out why they should or shouldn't go with certain peace's of gear.

I don't really have an idea of what to say that hasn't been said so I will just go throw and point out the items that came out to fix the problems you guys had with the gear and then we can go from there. If you guys do have anymore questions send me a message or call us over at the shop or post on the thread.

Thanks again

Their older merino wool that was so bad in comparison to other brands that I haven’t wanted to try their new and improved version.

I have never been a merino guy myself but the new sikta gear merino is one to try. They updated the fabric is 85% 120-gram 17.5 Micron Merino / 15% Nylon Core-Spun Blend witch makes it more of a highbred then a merino shirt.

I would say all their rain gear. The parent company is GORE yet all of their breathable membranes are a generation or 3 behind, yet its priced the same as mountaineering brands using the newest gen.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Your right but there is a reason. All the Sitka gear is being tested in the field for 3 to 4 years before it gets into our hands. All the testing and remaking just sets the gear that much farther behind. That is the problem with making this gear, the season that the item is made for is only so long and when you are testing 4 or five items on the same hunt it takes a few seasons.