What is the worst piece of Sitka Gear?

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
Fanatic Hoody for me. I just can’t get used to the mittens on the end of the arms and they bunch up like crazy.

I know it’s not a piece, but I hate the huge tags they put on everything. I have to cut them off all my hats because they drive me nuts.

Love every other piece of Sitka gear that I own though.
I agree with the Fanatic! They ruined a great hoody by adding gimmicks to it. The face shield is stupid too!

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
For me it's the Kelvin Active jacket. I could never be comfortable in it, always freezing when relying on it for any sort of insulation. But my personal thermometer runs mostly at the extremes - really hot when I'm moving and really cold when I'm not. It was likely designed more more "normal" folks.

Love all my other Sitka stuff (and I own a lot of it).

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a primaloft bottom layer that I wear all the time but they have a big ass button right on either ankle. It’s the only Sitka piece I own and someone in their engineering team never considered human anatomy and real life application. I’m sure they’ve improved on newer models.

I tried on the rain pants and they were the worst fitting/worst cut pants I've ever encountered. Love my Timberlines and Jetstream though.

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
Kelvin Lite Hoody... it’s got the funkiest cut arms of any jacket that I’ve worn.

Gaiters... If you put them in really extreme snowy/slushy then cold conditions they velcro strip starts building ice/slowly peeling back and eventually they fail. Happened to me and ab buddy packing out a bull. Switched to the Outdoor Research Croc and haven't looked back. The velcro is at least twice as wide and seems to be a lot stickier.

Most of the complaints on here seem to be with people not understanding how the particular piece was designed to be integrated into a layering system, rather than a gear failure. It's not necessarily a bad piece of gear just because it doesn't fit into your system. I have a handful of their pieces that create my perfect system, doesn't mean all the other stuff that I've gone thru to get to this point was bad gear, it just wasn't right for me

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Gumbo

WKR
Coldfront gloves...they are great for maintaining cold digits on a slightly chilly day.

davescarp

WKR
merino hat seemed like it would only fit the hamburgler. I've owned a lot of different sitka pieces. some good some just didn't quite work for me.

Mike 338

WKR
Easy one for me. Those moronic gaiters. Clearly designed by somebody who has never used gaiters anywhere but over their flip-flops in a San Fransisco bath house. One of those items that may well have been a way to use up scrap zippers and material and sell off to unsuspecting people who didn't have the ability to try them on first.

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
So far I don't have anything that I really dislike. However, there are a couple of things I won't purchase. Any of the gloves and the packs. Every one of them I've looked at in the stores just don't cut the mustard so to speak. When you compare the cost of any of the gloves compared to other brands they are just way over priced for what they do. Same thing with the packs. Now, I'm really impressed with the Fanatic line of clothing. I have the Fanatic Bib's, Jacket and Hoody. Like them so much that I bought a set for my Son. I also have the Timberline pants and Apex Hoody and love them. Trying to decide what I want as a cold weather jacket in the Sub Alpine camo.