What is you hunting suppressor?

Jason277

WKR
Hello all, Just curious about what suppressor you guys use for your hunting setup? Been on the fence to get on for years. Pros and cons of cost and BS tax stamp have kept me from making a purchase. What are you running? Thanks Jason

I personally use a Griffin sportsman ultra lite. But there is so many great suppressors out there. Only advice I will give is this- just get one. Once you start shooting with one, you’ll be mad at yourself you didn’t do it sooner. I prefer the brake mounted suppressors for hunting because of the ability to remove and reinstall in no time- it makes it great for when you are packing in with your rifle.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
TBAC Ultra 9, Gen 2. I figured if I waited this long, then I wanted it quite. It is awesome.

one of the things I like is the repeatability of taking the can off and on and it still stays zeroed.

Once you get one, you’ll never shoot without it and everyone else is a heathen. 😜

Best time to get one was a year ago. That way you would have it by now. Figure out what your priorities are whether it's length, weight, cost or max suppression. You can't have them all.

I made a form 1 can since I have the tools to do so and even at 8" and 1.5" diameter, on a 20" barrel and low rings, I can see it on 3x through my scope. I didn't have $800+ to spend and I wanted something. And it's way better than nothing, but now I want a TBAC ultra7 gen 2 or a Banish30.

gabenzeke

WKR
I have a dead air nomad Ti and at some point my banish 30 will show up.
Looking at getting a nomad ti. Do you use the e brake? I shoot a 300 rum and I would love to lighten the gun if this suppressor really reduces recoil as much as some say.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Looking at getting a nomad ti. Do you use the e brake? I shoot a 300 rum and I would love to lighten the gun if this suppressor really reduces recoil as much as some say.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I just use the direct thread, honestly I don’t really geek out over suppressors. I think that these days there’s so many good options out there that the gap between them isn’t even worth worrying about for hunting purposes. For sitting in labs and using specialized equipment to measure decibels and shit…sure, I’m sure there are differences but for the other 99.99999999% of us out there I don’t think it matters what brand is stamped on them. Get one with the features you like and go shoot.

Kerbs

FNG
TBAC Ultra 5 or 7 depending on the gun and how much suppression I want. I own a 9 as well, while it's fantastic at noise reduction, it makes for too long of a package for me. For one all around can I would recommend the 7 over the 5. I think it's the best mix of performance and size.

tak

WKR
Q Half Nelson on a 16" 308.

Silencerco Saker is great but too heavy for hunting. Silencerco hybrid feels good, but not as quiet. Those are all I have; still not crazy about the feel of a suppressor on a normal length barrel, but I need to try it again. I bought a 20" 6.5 creed to suppress for deer hunting, and I wasn't happy with the velocity I was getting from the shorter barrel.

I also prefer direct thread for hunting rifles. Much simpler and repeatable. I was always fiddling with getting the muzzle device right for my Saker ASR.