What is you hunting suppressor?

fatbacks

WKR
This. Best advice I have seen on this thread and where I recommend all my friends to start. If I owned just one suppressor, it would be a .22lr.

I’ll echo this again. Yeah order a 22 suppressor now. They’re awesome. I run a Griffin Sportsman ultra lite and a Dead air Nomad Ti. Both are awesome. Dead air is lighter and quieter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhm2023

WKR
I'm really happy with my Rugged Radiant on several bolt guns. It gives options for length, it's pretty light, has decent sound reduction and the poi shift is always the same for each rifle.

My Micro30 lives on my 300 blackout but has been on my wife's rifle a good bit lately while I'm waiting for my AB Raptor 8 stack to get approved. The Micro30 is a little heavier but still the same repeatable poi shift and still pretty decent sound reduction. A lot of bears have gone in the freezer with that little Micro30 on my 300blackout AR too.

More critters die at the hand of a suppresed 22 than anything else for us though and it's without a doubt my favorite to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

texjitter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm really happy with my Rugged Radiant on several bolt guns. It gives options for length, it's pretty light, has decent sound reduction and the poi shift is always the same for each rifle.

My Micro30 lives on my 300 blackout but has been on my wife's rifle a good bit lately while I'm waiting for my AB Raptor 8 stack to get approved. The Micro30 is a little heavier but still the same repeatable poi shift and still pretty decent sound reduction. A lot of bears have gone in the freezer with that little Micro30 on my 300blackout AR too.

More critters die at the hand of a suppresed 22 than anything else for us though and it's without a doubt my favorite to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

We sell alot of Rugged suppressors with the Radiant being the most popular since you can run it in a short or long configuration. I use the DeadAir Sandman-S but my next one will be the Nomad-Ti

archp625

WKR
I don't have a review since I have not received mine yet. I did a ton of research and narrowed it down to 4. TBAC 7, Omega 300, Deadman S and 36M. I ended up getting a Omega 300. One of the biggest factory is weight and availability at the time I bought one.

VinoVino

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got an AB Raptor 8 sitting a few miles from me, waiting for my forms to clear. I knew it would be close to October or November when I could finally get it, based on the estimated approval time when I bought it. I’ll be hunting with it next year.

Side note - yeah, the tax stamp cost is a bummer, but not as costly as requiring hearing aids later.

I'm using SilencerCo Omega 300's. Two of them. They work great. Use on 1 bolt action and several semis. Bolt action is quieter and very enjoyable. Going to shoot my first subsonic 300BLK this weekend out of a new pistol build. My next can will be a .22LR.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
only have one, Sig SRD762-QD. used it to great effect this weekend on antelope. the herd, or what was left of it, didn't disperse until my buddy dropped his antelope with his un-quieted 300WM....

now i need to thread some of my hunting rifles. lugging around a tikka T3 tactical is a bit much.

I’m 6 months in on the wait for my Nomad-TI

I chopped and screwed a 6.5 creed down to 16.5” for hunting deer and pigs (frequently in blinds)it’s super short and handy and will mimic the length of a 23” barreled rifle with the can.

Tested some hand loads this weekend and got 2674FPS with 44gr of H4350 and 143gr eldx. It was a little spicy but no pressure signs.

The load I’ll go with was 43.5 gr @ 2648fps with ES of 15 and SD of 6.6

Both were sub MOA but the 43.5 was more sub MOAer.

I’m 6 months in on the wait for my Nomad-TI

I chopped and screwed a 6.5 creed down to 16.5” for hunting deer and pigs (frequently in blinds)it’s super short and handy and will mimic the length of a 23” barreled rifle with the can.

Tested some hand loads this weekend and got 2674FPS with 44gr of H4350 and 143gr eldx. It was a little spicy but no pressure signs.

The load I’ll go with was 43.5 gr @ 2648fps with ES of 15 and SD of 6.6

Both were sub MOA but the 43.5 was more sub MOAer.

Damn that is a little spicy. I loaded up some 142gr ABLR with Superformance and got to 2650 with the 18" barrel on my Sig Cross. My 8" suppressor added about 30fps.

I have two Form1s one a 7mag and a 22lr for my pistols and my T/C 22. Just do it and never look back.. the Form1 you can have your stamp in less then 30days. Had both my suppressors on the rifle in less then 30days after I Efiled.
I get a Form1 isn't for everyone. Either way you go just do it!! The only regret you will have is that you didn't do it sooner

Last edited:
I have two Form1s one a 7mag and a 22lr for my pistols and t
T/C 22. Just do it and never look back.. the Form1 you can have your stamp in less then 30days. Had both my suppressors on the rifle in less then 30days after I Efiled.
I get a Form1 isn't for everyone. Either way you go just do it!! The only regret you will have is that you didn't do it sooner

Thinking a 9mm Form 1 is in my future. Would be neat on my 5” AR-9 with SBA3 brace

I’m trying to decide between a TBAC Ultra 7, Dead Air Nomad-Ti, and the YHM Resonator K. Anyone have real world input on the YHM? It’s half the price of the other two, not as quiet? Maybe not as accurate? Gotta be a reason.

Lawnboi

WKR
I don’t think I’ll ever shoot a hunting rifle without one again.

The two Iv got to use now are not necessarily my first picks. Gemtech tracker I got for a stupid price when gander went out of business, it works well but I wouldn’t buy another. And a Griffin optimus micro, which is an awesome little can for rimfire and 223, and something really adaptable for smaller stuff. That said it taught me that I wouldn’t buy a take apart centerfire can ever.

Waiting on a serial number for a ultra 7 now. Thinking about a 5…. Or a nomad ti.

Last edited:

davsco

WKR
gotta say i'm disappointed with the tbac 7 i just got, for my 6.5 creed and 6.5 prc. they're still pretty damn loud, and really no recoil/jump reduction. i don't see myself shooting these without hearing protection, so i may just go back to a good brake and electronic muffs.

SilencerCo Omega 300, direct thread. I shot a moose this year 500 yards from camp and the guys sitting in the cook tent didn't hear the shot. It definitely reduces recoil, I did not like shooting the 300 win mag pushing hot loads more than 5 or 6 times in a row without the suppressor. Now I can shoot all day.

gotta say i'm disappointed with the tbac 7 i just got, for my 6.5 creed and 6.5 prc. they're still pretty damn loud, and really no recoil/jump reduction. i don't see myself shooting these without hearing protection, so i may just go back to a good brake and electronic muffs.
You won't find a suppressor that reduces sound enough to shoot those cartridges without earpro for more than a few rounds.