What is your biggest public land pet-peeve?

intunegp

WKR
Trash. I hate it when people litter.

Came here to say this. Pretty ******* shameful that I dedicate a pocket of my pack to cleaning up after others. Speaks to the sad state of the world we live in that so many self-proclaimed outdoorsmen/conservationists don't adhere to zero trace or even pack-in/pack-out standards.

Pilarczyk85

Lil-Rokslider
In my area. The amish. They leave trash and move their entire clan in to drive it. Kill everything and then usually never tag it.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
Came here to say this. Pretty ******* shameful that I dedicate a pocket of my pack to cleaning up after others. Speaks to the sad state of the world we live in that so many self-proclaimed outdoorsmen/conservationists don't adhere to zero trace or even pack-in/pack-out standards.

Same here. I despise these dirtbags who trash our wild spaces.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I can't stand all the rock cairns all over the place.

I'm not talking about the legitimate rock cairns that mark trails on otherwise featureless rock sections of trail; I'm talking about all the stacked rocks that everyone seems to love building on every creek bend, vantage point and campsite.

In case you're wondering, I'm the jerk that keeps knocking them down.

My girlfriend made a nice rock cairn on a lakeshore for a picture she wanted to send her friends. I kicked it over when she was done despite her protestations.