What is your dream hunt, if?

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Cali Bighorn here in Southern ID
Unit 44 mule deer... Here in ID :)

tstowater

WKR
Come on guys, sheep hunting is overrated.:) What about a polar bear hunt with a bow? That would be out of this world.

OP
W

wallows

FNG
Thanks so very much for the replies everyone. I've spent my whole life dreaming about this, from the day I watched Fred Bear crouching behind that
boulder, bow in hand and having that Huge brown bear walk by at 10 feet it fueled my passion for not only bowhunting, but for some far away place
where I could duplicate such a feat. Not specifically for a big bear, but for the adventure.
There are so many wonderful animals to chase, for awhile I was fixated on Red Stag in New Zealand, or Caribou anywhere, thought about Big bears to.
Do I want to chase something with a bow that can kill and eat me? What a rush!
Having had the opportunity this year to harvest a Mountain Goat here in Utah, I had a taste of high mountain hunting and how difficult it can be. At 57
the mountain gets steep really quick! So does that make me hesitate tackling a sheep of any kind? Not sure, one thing it won't get any easier.
If I were 35 again, my ambitions and my testosterone levels were higher, I would hunt one of everything!
Hardstalk: I've experienced Bull Elk screaming in my face, you've got it right, how can that be beat?
Ckleeves: I grew up in South Dakota, Pheasant capital of the world, you've got it right. You're idea about Elk, spot on!

I've never killed an Elk over 300 because I've been stuck hunting General bull areas. I would love to chase huge bulls on a private ranch somewhere.
I would love to chase a big Canadian Whitetail around. I would love to harvest a huge block headed Black Bear, but not over bait.
Africa interests me because of the variety and adventure, seeing new animals.
The post of a group of huge Mule deer bearing down on you, how exciting is that!!

One thing for certain, I've already warned Momma not to expect to see me much from August thru November. It may be that I chose to hunt a really
good Elk state for a few years, even if I have to buy a landowner tag to do it. Maybe I'll decide to chase that sheep that so many of you seem to
have on your bucket list. I thank Fred Bear for my passion, for my life long addiction to bowhunting, for my love of the outdoors.
That is what dreams are made of.

My dream hunt would have to be for the Rocky Mountian Big Horn. If there was money left over I would go for Dall and or Marco Pollo.

I've already been on my dream hunt. It was in the Yukon for Dall sheep. Once I shot my sheep, I was filled with thankfulness and I will remember it for the rest of my life.

It probably doesn't sound like much of a dream hunt for those of you down in the Rocky Mountain region, but I've always thought that just once in my life I'd like to do a multi week, Rocky Mt. elk hunt on horse back. Just the thought of taking the kitchen sink with big wall tents and stoves, etc. and getting somewere remote with horses would be a real cool experience. Ah some day, if I could only get myself to take a break from Alaska during hunting season.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
That's funny. I hunt this way every year, but it feels like a dream every year!

It probably doesn't sound like much of a dream hunt for those of you down in the Rocky Mountain region, but I've always thought that just once in my life I'd like to do a multi week, Rocky Mt. elk hunt on horse back. Just the thought of taking the kitchen sink with big wall tents and stoves, etc. and getting somewere remote with horses would be a real cool experience. Ah some day, if I could only get myself to take a break from Alaska during hunting season.

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks so very much for the replies everyone. I've spent my whole life dreaming about this, from the day I watched Fred Bear crouching behind that
boulder, bow in hand and having that Huge brown bear walk by at 10 feet it fueled my passion for not only bowhunting, but for some far away place
where I could duplicate such a feat. Not specifically for a big bear, but for the adventure.
There are so many wonderful animals to chase, for awhile I was fixated on Red Stag in New Zealand, or Caribou anywhere, thought about Big bears to.
Do I want to chase something with a bow that can kill and eat me? What a rush!
Having had the opportunity this year to harvest a Mountain Goat here in Utah, I had a taste of high mountain hunting and how difficult it can be. At 57
the mountain gets steep really quick! So does that make me hesitate tackling a sheep of any kind? Not sure, one thing it won't get any easier.
If I were 35 again, my ambitions and my testosterone levels were higher, I would hunt one of everything!
Hardstalk: I've experienced Bull Elk screaming in my face, you've got it right, how can that be beat?
Ckleeves: I grew up in South Dakota, Pheasant capital of the world, you've got it right. You're idea about Elk, spot on!

I've never killed an Elk over 300 because I've been stuck hunting General bull areas. I would love to chase huge bulls on a private ranch somewhere.
I would love to chase a big Canadian Whitetail around. I would love to harvest a huge block headed Black Bear, but not over bait.
Africa interests me because of the variety and adventure, seeing new animals.
The post of a group of huge Mule deer bearing down on you, how exciting is that!!

One thing for certain, I've already warned Momma not to expect to see me much from August thru November. It may be that I chose to hunt a really
good Elk state for a few years, even if I have to buy a landowner tag to do it. Maybe I'll decide to chase that sheep that so many of you seem to
have on your bucket list. I thank Fred Bear for my passion, for my life long addiction to bowhunting, for my love of the outdoors.
That is what dreams are made of.

Ill tell you one thing, goats in my experience live in way more awful areas then sheep. IF you have conqured the goat, the sheep wont be any harder. Doesnt wont mean it wont be hard, but goat hunting is pretty much the top of the food chain IMO.

Give er!

Lorne

luke moffat

Super Moderator

Same here, horseback hunt for elk is top of my list of things to do if I could ever pry myself away from Alaska...too bad they don't have more October/November seasons down there for that. :D

I think that mine would be to be able to take my 2 boys and hunt Alaska for brown bear,moose,caribou,dall,stone sheep and mt.goat. But for now just happy to go hunting and doing things with them.

sdr

FNG
My ultimate dream hunt would be for Markor in Pakistan. Way north of $65k but that my dream hunt/fantasy hunt.

Marco Polo for sure in Tajikistan for a 60" ram.

Lord Derby Eland in Cameroon. Well within the budget and one of the coolest trophies in the world.

My dream hunt is with my best friend anywhere in North American wilderness. We really don't have to shoot anything-the experience is what's important.

Here is how I did my dream hunt in the Yukon for moose grizzly and caribou. I sent the outfitter $750/month for 24 months and the hunt was paid for! I'm just a school teacher making average $$ but I was able to do it. You can too!!

I would love to go on a Marco Polo hunt and or a Himalayan Tahr hunt. I just need to win the lottery

Last edited: