What is your dry bag set up for float hunting?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Right now I have a PR49 but I’ll probably get something bigger it’s a great raft but it would be cool to be able to float a whole bull and my gear on one raft so I’ll probably get a legend down the road.

anyways, I’ve been using a watershed yukon bag as sort of a camp bag I put my tent in it as well as my sleeping bag, pad and clothing, then I use a smaller watershed bag as a go to bag, it has my kill kit, gps, Ammo, hat/gloves and things I’ll need during the day (like the top pocket of a backpack). after that, I have a nomad gun scabbard dry bag thing which is awesome, totally worth the $$$, then I have my backpack where I keep my food and rain gear and it’s with me in case I need to pack meat from farther away.

so what is your set up? Also, is anybody running the inflatable floor on their pr49? I see it adds some carrying capacity.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm running the inflatable floor in my PR-49HD...it is definitely worth it.

Similar to you...I recently got a twenty-two liter Watershed bag for my electronics and other critical stuff that I can jam into it. Those bags are definitely bomb-proof! Just replaced my worn-out and multi-patched waterproof rifle bag with a Nomad last summer and took it last fall...works great.

I've got a couple of light-weight waterproof bags for my sleeping bag and clothing that I seal-up and put inside of a roll-up dry-bag. I might some day buy a larger Watershed bag for that single purpose because in the end, roll-up "dry-bags" are definitely not completely dry when they go under...which is why I've been doubling them up.

I absolutely love float trips!

Wapiti1

WKR
In the boundary waters, I use NRS and Sealline dry bags. These are heavy duty bags. I've done a couple hundred miles of canoe travel and these are solid. I've never, ever dumped a canoe. Nope, not me, never happened, no photos or video, so it never happened. If it ever did happen, I am confident my stuff would stay dry and float. If that ever happened, not that it has.

Jeremy

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I'm running the inflatable floor in my PR-49HD...it is definitely worth it.

Similar to you...I recently got a twenty-two liter Watershed bag for my electronics and other critical stuff that I can jam into it. Those bags are definitely bomb-proof! Just replaced my worn-out and multi-patched waterproof rifle bag with a Nomad last summer and took it last fall...works great.

I've got a couple of light-weight waterproof bags for my sleeping bag and clothing that I seal-up and put inside of a roll-up dry-bag. I might some day buy a larger Watershed bag for that single purpose because in the end, roll-up "dry-bags" are definitely not completely dry when they go under...which is why I've been doubling them up.

I absolutely love float trips!

can you stand up in the raft when you’re using the floor piece?

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Yup, you definitely can, and I do! (I'm 5'10" and 185lbs)

The inflatable floor does add some weight to the overall package, but well worth it.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yup, you definitely can, and I do! (I'm 5'10" and 185lbs)

The inflatable floor does add some weight to the overall package, but well worth it.

mid probably leave the floor behind if I’m actually hiking with the raft but I rarely need to do that.