What is your every day carry knife and why? Does nostalgia supersede function?

yeti14

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a knife-oholic. I used to be really into Benchmade. Living in a marine environment has made me really appreciate the Spyderco salt series. I can wash it in salt water, put it back in my pocket and never give it a second thought. Never any corrosion issues. It's what I use 100% of the time hunting and fishing. That being said, my daily carry is a custom para 3.

Bigtex46

FNG
Case single blade trapper lock kick start in safety orange. Case nostalgia, modern convenience.

*zap*

WKR
I carry a inexpensive but sharp pocket knife in both front pant pockets. If I wear my beltpack I carry either a inexpensive sheath knife(work) or a fairburn-sykes dagger on that belt.
I wear the beltpac alot.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I tend to loose or give away my EDC knife every 3-5 years, which has prevented nostalgia from being an issue. If I give it away, it tends to be because I want a different steel, Etc.

Currently carry a Benchmade mini Griptillian with S90V blade.

Recovering addict here, I’ve sold / traded away about 2/3 of my collection.

Usual EDC - Spyderco Manix lightweight s110v

Most missed knife - Spyderco Manix 2 CRUWEAR w/ gray G10 handles.

Most Expensive/rare knife - Benchmade Doug Ritter Full Grip with Wilkinson scales.

View attachment 387819
I have that blade in orange g10 Cuscadi scales. Quite fond of it.

dutch_henry

Lil-Rokslider
3436E993-C40A-4AC8-9DB6-8709EA868E67.jpegI happen to like my ESEE Izula, but looking at Lawnboi’s LT Wright Frontier made me want one!

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
Leatherman Skeletool. Not too big or bulky and I find myself reaching for the pliers almost as much as I do the knife.

TomJoad

WKR
ABAFEABE-4CB7-4D04-85F0-822BB5775F33.jpegAA2C0780-CCA8-4518-AD85-C695724A1168.jpegSome of these look like a substantial daily commitment… is that an EDC in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

My EDC? I’m a lousy ask truth be told. I detest bulk in pockets or things clipped to me. Daily carry is only ever a tiny set of keys, brass teeth have never failed to open a box. For picnics and wood walks it’s always an opinel no. 8 carbon. It’s skinned deer and brought on hunts but my primary knife hunting is always a small fixed blade (<3” blade) one of 5-6 from bark river or small custom makers.

Loper

WKR
I only been carrying an EDC knife for about 3-4 years now. 90% of the time it’s been a Kershaw Shuffle and I chose that because it has a bottle opener on the end. However, I don’t crack open too many long necks these days so that doesn’t get much use. The thumb stud fell off a year or two ago, and just the other week one of the screws that holds the clip backed out and got lost. I can send it in to be repaired under warranty but at this point I’m really looking for a new EDC. I have 4 or 5 others that I’ve been tossing in my pocket recently as I head out the door but none of them I absolutely love.

Kids got me a Benchmade Bugout for a birthday gift and I am pleasantly pleased. Super light weight and has held up really well. It is what I have on me most the time but I have like six other knives in my truck all the time. When you get older you tend to “temporarily displace” items .

Recovering addict here, I’ve sold / traded away about 2/3 of my collection.

Usual EDC - Spyderco Manix lightweight s110v

Funny... Finding myself in exact same boat. Have several. This Lightweight 110 is my current EDC. Think the Manix 2 is such a perfect EDC. Personally don't get the BM Osbourne 940 thing. I'd opt for the Bugout as a second choice EDC.

When the possibilities involve potential to break down game in the EDC, these two are tough to beat. Any knife can open boxes. I lose my schit when a knife video involves "It really excels at Food Prep" really?? It's a knife. If it cant cut an apple in half, it has no interest to me.

RS3579

WKR
I carry a case knife. Used to be a peanut model now it’s a small locking blade. The case/zippo headquarters are close to my camp. I’m partial to them.