What is your every day carry knife and why? Does nostalgia supersede function?

ZT 0300 that I've carried for years. Solid knife, bummed they discontinued them, as I'd like to have a backup but they usually sell for a premium on the forums as a result.

Blandry

WKR
Wedding Knife Story-

Arlington, VA. Super Swank event. High End smart people. Only Boots n Jeans guy at the event. Request for a knife rang out. Nobody rose to the call, save the beer drinker in jeans in the corner.

Produced a ZT 0804CF with the flick of a finger and watched the Liberals squirm. It was passed around to cut zip ties on the big top tent for better ventilation. My date (wife) giggled with glee watching 3 other "men" pass it around attempting to close a frame lock for return. Wife wraps her arms around my arm, places her head on my shoulder and exhales.....knowing she owned the only Man present that evening.

They'd have schit themselves had they known there was a baby Glock in my right boot....

Lol I’m usually that guy. I’ve been carrying an otanashi noh ken the past 5/6 years. As you can see it’s seen a lot of use. It’s the knife equivalent of a battle rifle. Scares women and children :).

IMG_0100.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zdub02

WKR
EDC is a bugout (love that knife). My sentimental pocket knife is an old timer given to me by my grandpa. It was retired a long time ago and is now on display with my first gobbler that I killed with my grandpa and uncle.

Chris B

Lil-Rokslider
Benchmade Osbourne 943 that , sadly, , has been discontinued. Outstanding knife !

Painless

FNG
I carry 2 with me everyday my sentimental knife that I bought all of my groomsmen and had their initials engraved on them. Second EDC is my new GEN 3 SHPOS folder from HFB. I had been carrying a GEN 2 SHPOS for almost a year, before that was a bugout that I put in my pack for now. Love my HFB folder.

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Microtech Troodon automatic OTF knife a couple years back. It was a bit spendy, but I really like it. I would recommend for EDC. Knife.jpgKnife 2.jpg

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
Leatherman multi tool of some sort. The pliers, screwdrivers, etc,. get used as often as the knife blade.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up a 555 finally. Been wanting one for years. Was back and forth between this a mini bugout but this just feels more solid.

Attachments

• 44538BEB-B1AC-4CCF-896B-DB28D5A7C56A.jpeg
    44538BEB-B1AC-4CCF-896B-DB28D5A7C56A.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 23

bohica17

FNG
I have three and it depends on what I’m doing.

Work- Milwaukee folding razor knife.
Out and about/protection- Emerson commander non serrated
Hunting- small Old time sharp finger

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
Bugout for me 90% of the time. Started when I was still wearing slacks to the office because it was so light in the soft fabric.

If I’m feeling nostalgic I’ll grab a medium Case Stockman. I just got a big order from Buck in and carrier a 112 today for the first time in decades. Man what a big pig compared to the Bugout.

martin248

FNG
ESEE 3, horizontal on my belt. I would prefer a bigger knife but WA has a patch work of knife laws and >3.5 inches can get you in trouble some places. 3" knife is GTG everywhere so long as it's not concealed.