What is your fave recipe for ostrich?

ShariVari

FNG
I'm an addict of ostrich steak, seriously it's the best, it has no fat, absolutely no white area, and the taste is very unique. I like it medium-well fried, with smoked mozzarella, and mayo dressing with cucumber, nothing else. Dry champagne is perfect with it.

• Banned
OP
ShariVari

ShariVari

FNG
There is a restaurant in Monterey, CA that used to do up pretty good ostrich.

That's nice to hear, hope my way will bring there in the near future. Ostrich's meat is the best when ostrich doesn't stressed when they hunted it down, then put it into spicy milk marinate for 24 hours, then here we go.. 2-2 mins frying on both side, and it is perfect. But I must say ~ 60% depends not on you but the ostrich's age, the moment of hunt, and the marinate. I also like kangaroo, but ostrich is the top.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Which one? The Peninsula is 45 mins from my front door.

Tarpy's Roadhouse. They used to have all kinds of unusual entrees as specials, and ostrich would be one of them. Not surprising though, with the ostrich farm down near Los Olivos. Not sure if it's still there or not.

I had a grilled ostrich in South africa that was farm rasied, it was medium with a red wine sauce and it was delicious