What is your new year hunting goal?

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Continue hunting as a family. We’ve been blessed to share our love of hunting and adventuring in Alaska with our daughter since her birth 2 years ago. Now in the midst of toddlerhood, it’s a constantly moving target. She’s been along for deer, moose, caribou and black bear already and hopefully this year she will share some more fun trips with us.

2 years in, I am impressed with how much we’ve still been able to do, but I am realizing i’ve done a kind of poor job of documenting it. We have photos and video, but I haven’t done much to write up our family trips or share what we’ve learned (both good and bad). I’ll make an effort to share more in 2019.

9ivBfhE.jpg

tibIDo9.jpg

My oldest will be old enough to hunt big game this fall. My lone goal is to take him as much as possible and provide the opportunities he needs to harvest a deer, an elk, and a bear. I think I'll have my hands full with that.

WKR
Shoot some Hungarian Partridge with a little help from my Drahthaar.

NateO 77

Lil-Rokslider
Tag a mule deer. I have hunted for 7 years and each year have hunted at least some for mule deer and at the end of the season I either tag a white tail or have tag soup. I plan on trying a new Unit in eastern Idaho and hopefully can finally get the mule deer that seams to elude me. Each year I give it some effort but this year its going to be my priority and I am not going to give up and head to the whitetail unit I have been successful in.

Hunt 6 different big game species in 6 different states DIY public with my bow in 2019...harvesting something would be icing on the cake.

Four are givens...Mouflon on Hawaii in 7 days, then Muskox on Nunavik Feb 1st, Whitetail at home, OTC Elk in CO...
Should pull a WY antelope tag this year...and then it would just be luck pulling something in NM, AZ, ID, NV, OR, WA, UT or MT.

Lets all make it a great year!

To get in better shape than I was this season.

Living in South Texas at the moment at 120ft above sea level had me “hurting” at 7,000 - 10,000 feet this year up in MT, WY, CO, ID, and UT.

I got a new altitude mask this Christmas and going to make it a priority to wear it while climbing stairs, cycling, or anytime I’m working out this off season!

Repeat goals = go elk hunting in September, apply for as many other tags as finance allows. I just started listing the top 3 good and bad from each of my 2018 hunts to sculpt this years goals.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
Make a solid hunting season schedule well in advance and stick to it. Only hard datas I had this year was my mule deer tag. I had plans on hitting the lake for ducks and getting into the mountains to hunt bear. I only made it quail hunting a few times. With life being so busy these days trying all willy nilly to just find the right weekend to go just never happens. This year I am putting otc Turkey and bear plus at least one weekend waterfowl trip on the calender. Also hope to draw more tags.
Hunt more!!

dtrkyman

WKR
Kill my first mule deer in a couple weeks!

A bull elk next September too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdlusk

FNG
Usually spring turkey and a good P&Y MS whitetail... going to be tough this year w a little one on the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk