What is your new year hunting goal?

What are you hoping to achieve in the new years hunting seasons?

I am hoping to burn my CO elk points and harvest my first mature bull. Then there are the long shots like OIL in UT and a good tag in NV or AZ.

Good hunting to all the members on this great site.

*zap*

WKR
Well, like to put down a few doe for meat this month. We have the first two weeks for gun and all month for bow/crossbow. Probably stick to archery but you never know what I may do.

2019 season will depend on finances for out of state whitetail hunting. Started a new business and I hope it does well this year.

I hope ya'll have a great 2019 in the outdoors.

Tod osier

WKR
2019 is the first year my son can hunt at home (12 years old here), so hoping for a great fall. Ducks and deer is the plan. He has hunted in Michigan and Idaho in the past, but I’m excited to spend some time with him on in my home areas.

I don’t have anything planned out west for hunting, but will put in all my OIL/low odds tags and make them work if I draw. 2018 was a big vacation travel year and 2020 will be too, so hoping for a good relaxed at home year.

A completely full freezer.

Start getting the kids involved. They will be 4 and 6 next fall. Camping, fishing, tagging along for small game.

Get a suppressor and tax stamp.

Develop a subsonic load for the 300WM for grouse.

Get a more accurate muzzleloader that can shoot BH209.

Lose another 25 lbs. before elk season.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Every year's hunting goals start out the same: draw my CO archery moose or sheep tag. Unfortunately, that's a goal I have absolutely no control over. But another goal for this year is to get my buddy on a 350+ bull with his ML tag, but not sure what his size goal will be. It might differ from mine. As long as he's happy....that's all that matters.

And then hopefully have a great archery elk hunt myself the last week of the season.......wherever I may be hunting. As long as I get some good fun with some screaming bulls, I'm good.

I accomplished my goal down here in Alabama last year by killing a turkey on public land. Was blessed and got two. I hope to kill another turkey in the WMA and after that I’d like to kill some hogs in the National Forest land we have here and scout for deer hunting. I’d love to kill a deer there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Step one, decide on a new bow. Step two, kill a turkey and than an elk with said bow. Step three basque in my glory and post pics everywhere that make my trophies look huge. Okay in seriousness. Kill an elk and a turkey with my bow.

Taking a big leap late in life and will apply for WY and NM elk tags along with 3 resident draws so goal is to get at a tag of some sort this year. Actually looking to do DIY NR hunt if at all possible and convince friend to go along and get his first elk also. Hope for my resident rifle and burn up PP for what ends up being a once in a lifetime SD tag with draw odds. Then a General WY tag is goal, a limited draw and go from there.

dakotaduner

Lil-Rokslider
1 keep working on my hunting fitness
2. North Dakota deer hunt with family
3 draw a Wyoming tag I want
4 get some more young kids enjoying the outdoors

Fatcamp

WKR
Taking a big leap late in life and will apply for WY and NM elk tags along with 3 resident draws so goal is to get at a tag of some sort this year. Actually looking to do DIY NR hunt if at all possible and convince friend to go along and get his first elk also. Hope for my resident rifle and burn up PP for what ends up being a once in a lifetime SD tag with draw odds. Then a General WY tag is goal, a limited draw and go from there.

We should talk if you draw your SD tag.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Bear

Elk with a bow

Get my kids in the woods more than we were last year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Raypo

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on the draw gods. At the very least a trip to New Zealand in March and hopefully,kill that slipppery whitetail giant behind my house.

ArborKat

FNG
A nice Boar in the next couple weeks to kick off the new year and archery Blactail. Hope to squeeze in more fishing as well.

EastMT

WKR
Sheep, griz, moose, goat(If drawn). Black bears in between.

A whole lot of salmon hunting all summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk