What is your setup to fletch with 4 vanes?

PhillyB

WKR
Hey Guys-
I have been reading up on the 4 fletch arrow and want to give them a try.

I have a few questions:

1) What jig are you using? What clamp? (straight, left or right helical)

2) Are you using any offset?

3) What vanes are you using?

4) Are you setting them up at 90* or something else?

Any input is great. Gonna have to pick up a jig and other equipment so if I am missing anything feel free to chime in.

Bitz with right helical clamp.

Yes, right.

Either Duravanes or Vane-Tec

The bitz has two setting for 4 fletch, 90 and I think 105/75...

OP
PhillyB

PhillyB

WKR
Is it more common to go with a shorter profile vane with four fletchings or do guys shoot the blazers in a 4 vane setup?

IAHNTR

WKR
I know you said vanes, but FWIW I did 4, 4" feathers with right helical @ 90* last year and it worked great. If your flingin a mechanical you could get by with lower profile .

swat8888

WKR
Bitz, right helical, and I play with the degree to get as much as I can and still get them to stick....a little tricky to figure it out. I was shooting 2" blazers but switched to the Vanetec HPs...little lower profile and they stick MUCH better for me. I love the 4 vane setup. I shoot red and white vanes and I like the vanetec red color much better for the red vanes...just an aesthetic thing obviously.

OP
PhillyB

PhillyB

WKR
If I were to pick up a new Bitz, would it be ready to go out of the box?

I have been reading up on them and guys are talking about buying a different nock receiver for better results.

Gman

WKR
For 4 fletch you'd have to set a small set screw but other than that you're ready to start fletching. Get after it! Careful though you may find yourself buying a bunch of wraps and vanes you never knew you needed.

OP
PhillyB

PhillyB

WKR
For 4 fletch you'd have to set a small set screw but other than that you're ready to start fletching. Get after it! Careful though you may find yourself buying a bunch of wraps and vanes you never knew you needed.

I am already there with my arrow building stuff for the three vane setup. I have more random wraps and blazers than I can count.

Patch

FNG

I agree with Gman. I love my Bitz, easy to set up, and as you know it gets expensive designing and having wraps made, and buying all the different colors of vanes. I also use my Bitz for fletching Flu Flu arrows.