What is your tree setup?

CritterGetter

Lil-Rokslider
Iahntr: yeah they are and I love them! I'll get anothe couple sets probably. I also just recently ordered the hunt comfort seat from lone wolf and it's an amazing seat lol. It hurt to spend $50 on a seat pad, but I have no doubt that it will be worth it. It nearly blew my mind when I sat on it! I'll be installing those footrest on my alpha here shortly. They are pretty solid piece.

I use 550 cord for my pull rope. I figure 8 wrap it between my pinky and thumb then wrap the clip end around a few times and clip it back to itself when i get close to the end. I have yet to have a tangle problem since I started doing it that way. that probably made no sense haha. A fella has a YouTube video about wrapping it up like that. I'll try and scratch it up.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
CritterGitter, thanks for the pictures. The rubber straps are a great idea. Did you buy them as a kit of buy the buckles and then find some rubber strapping?

CritterGetter

Lil-Rokslider
I bought those. Lone wolf sells them as the Kwik straps. I'm sure you could make them quite a bit cheaper. I'm going to build/make a few sets once I find the materials.

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
I have several Gorilla treestands and just picked up a set of their climbing sticks. I have a bucket full of Ezy folding tree steps but the sticks are faster by far. I used to have a North Starr aluminum stand with their aluminum climbing sticks (both cheaper than LW). Best set up I ever had, sold it to my nephew, lucky kid! North Starr is supposedly starting up production but they've been saying that for a year now and nothing so far.

CritterGetter

Lil-Rokslider
Thats the one! I unwrap the tied up part, hook it to my bow and climb on up with the stand on my back. It hasnt tangled up since i started wrapping it like that. It just kinda unravels itself as i go. Might just be luck tho lol? i have had to jiggle it a couple times, but no real tangles. (yet anyhow!)

OP
IAHNTR

IAHNTR

WKR
I'll have to give that a shot the few times that I will practice in my yard before going out.

Anyone doing any filming from the tree?

OP
IAHNTR

IAHNTR

WKR
I started filming turkey hunts this spring for the first time and they are a blast to watch and show others. I am thinking out of a tree is a little more difficult though.

halg

Lil-Rokslider
Lone wolf climber for hardwoods. For scrubby areas with a lack of good climber trees, I have this goofy API packmaster with integrated extending climbing sticks. Kind of a pia, and a cheap thrill getting in & out of, but allows me to go in ANYWERE and set up in about 5 minutes.

I used a climber for the longest time but you are limited to straight clean trees. Absolutely love my Lone Wolf and 4 sticks. Nice to get up through limbs and set up.

OP
IAHNTR

IAHNTR

WKR
I am thinking of hunting a little public and will probably put in screw ins and then pack my Alpha stand in and out to hunt. Anyone else do this?

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have way too many stands! I only say that because I have killed my last dozen whitetail by spot and stalk! But I do really like my Lone Wolf and usually use screw in steps. Sat in the stand last night and unfortunately had only young bucks come by.

chas

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone use the Eberlestock Tailhook to carry their pack? Started with this set-up last year and love it. Pack is a little heavy but comfortable and way organized. I feel it is better then straping a fanny pack to the outside of the stand.