What It Takes To Be A Successful Hunter, By Jim Carr

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you.So have I the worst part I sometimes still make some of them even though I know what the outcome will be .It never fails .

TGY

FNG
Just have to get out of the car and quit road hunting......see most Chevy and Ford guys do this.

Whisky

WKR
@Jim Carr is an animal! He has done a couple scout packages for me and each time they have pushed me pretty hard and I learn a lot throughout the process with him. Unfortunately this year I was the weakest link in regards to physical fitness. Not only did I disappoint my hunting partners but I felt like I would have let Jim down a bit too by not being able to give some of his Intel a fair shake. I know there is a sense of pride and success when you help others fill their tags. That sense of failure has really motivated me to get in better shape again (lost 20lbs since the beginning of that hunt already).

Anyway, Jim is in a unique position to interact with all sorts of people, hear all the excuses imaginable, and learn exactly what not to do. I would heed anything he says, with one caveat....double any distance or time he tells you it takes to get into a spot. That should give you a little cushion anyways :D

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
@Jim Carr is an animal! He has done a couple scout packages for me and each time they have pushed me pretty hard and I learn a lot throughout the process with him. Unfortunately this year I was the weakest link in regards to physical fitness. Not only did I disappoint my hunting partners but I felt like I would have let Jim down a bit too by not being able to give some of his Intel a fair shake. I know there is a sense of pride and success when you help others fill their tags. That sense of failure has really motivated me to get in better shape again (lost 20lbs since the beginning of that hunt already).

Anyway, Jim is in a unique position to interact with all sorts of people, hear all the excuses imaginable, and learn exactly what not to do. I would heed anything he says, with one caveat....double any distance or time he tells you it takes to get into a spot. That should give you a little cushion anyways :D

After hunting with Jim a lot you learn one thing. You will not keep up him, he’s a freak of nature. And like whisky said double everything he tells you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk