What Kind of Stories Would You Like Me To Share About African Hunting or Traditions?

Hello Everyone! Linda here. I hope you guys are all safe and doing great. I'm currently struggling to come up with some amazing content and I'd really appreciate your help or feedback.

I'm working closely with Robby on this but I need to ask: what ideas of stories on the African hunting experience would you love to learn about? If you are reading this, please reply to this thread with your ideas- whatever they are. I'd really appreciate the help.

Here is a link to all my articles to remind you of what I've already done:

https://www.rokslide.com/?s=linda+egbuna+

Thank you!!!

Last edited:

Fatcamp

WKR
I never clicked on any of those threads. Had no idea they were about Africa. I will get back to you after I read them.

OP
Linda Egbuna
any chance you have bird hunting or waterfowl?
Thanks a lot for sharing your interest here and yes, we do have those actually. Would you like to learn more about the techniques (traditional or modern) or just the symbolic attachments to the practices if any?

JShane

FNG
Thanks a lot for sharing your interest here and yes, we do have those actually. Would you like to learn more about the techniques (traditional or modern) or just the symbolic attachments to the practices if any?
Honestly, both. traditional and modern techniques would be an insightful compare and contrast article if you ask me

ODB

WKR
Personally, African hunting stories that would interest me the most would involve the traditional hunter gatherers like the Hadza and Maasai

The Maasai are primarily pastoralists and keep cattle, versus hunting for food. The wanderobo would be the hunting ‘version’ of Maasai. In fact ndorobo is a maa word that means ‘without cattle’ indicating they have to hunt. Most hunting by the Maasai is done for rites of passage (which is slowing now( or defending their cattle. For a Maasai, wealth is cattle.

the waliangulu are also hunters and are known for hunting elephant in what is now Tsavo. They were great poachers with very heavy bows.

Last edited:
Anything tracking related before and/or after the shot. I imagine some of the animals there don’t take kindly to being pursued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk