What kind of tent is everyone using?

travelert

FNG
I use a Hillaberg tent and I love it! I’ve used a ton of tents and nothing beats this thing for cool/cold weather trips. It’s heavy, but that’s the only drawback. I don’t use it in warm/hot climates. It’s one of the only 4 season tents that has decent air circulation. It also setups as one unit so if you’re setting up in the rain, the tent won’t get wet before you can get the rain fly on. So we’ll designed and built. Mine even had a tag with the persons name who made it.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I would much rather spend the night in the bed of my truck under a topper than a tent! It's my mobile camp on late season hunts or other hunts similar to Wyo antelope where the wind howls! No need to set up a tent and worry about wind, snow, or weather! Much quicker and easier!

obviously. I mean I’d rather sleep in my jet boat under the canopy and drink beers out of the cooler but that’s not realistic for all hunts.

OneRingTrTa

Lil-Rokslider
I got one from sportsman guide you can have for 50 bucks never been used. Never even taken out of the package. Got the rainfly also. I was gonna use it bear hunting but never did.

Jimss

WKR
The original post mentioned that he was looking for a "truck tent" so that's why I mentioned a topper. Boy it's nice having a mobile camp without having to set anything up or worry about weather!

When I'm not truck camping in my topper I use my Hilleberg Nallo. As mentioned above, it is bomber-proof with lots of room in the vestibule for cooking, equipment, and drying stuff out. The verticle walls mean lots of usable space. I've had it on several late season hunts in deep snow and wind....and it held up well.

The other nice thing about the Nallo is I use the fly by itself for early season hunts when I want to go super light. It's great having all the space with a fly, poles, and stakes that only weighs around 2 1/2 lbs. I often bring painters plastic for a floor that only adds a few more ounces to the total weight. Being a 4 season tent/pole design the fly used alone is also bomber-proof. I've had the fly on a couple trips when it snowed and it worked fine.

Mosby

WKR
Kodiak tent is easy to set up. I have the 10x10 and it is great for truck camping.