What kind of tent is everyone using?

BigWilly

FNG
I have a couple of canvas tents and some Seek Outside Gear...looking for easy ro pitch quick to take down tent for three people doing vehicle supported offroad travel.

Dave

Ratbeetle

WKR
If looking for a more traditional backpack type tent, I have a marmot tungsten 4 person that I use car camping. Two vestibules, easy to set up and take down with plenty of room for 3.

texasbbq

Lil-Rokslider
I use an old, discontinued North Face Expedition 25. It's a little heavy (7 lbs) for two but lots of room plus large vestibule with tent fly.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I run a Nemo Chogori 3P tent. Bought it to cover the whole range of lovely weather Alaska has in the summer and hunting seasons. It’s way overkill for most hunts though. It’ll probably come into what it’s designed for doing an Afognak Elk hunt in October in the Gulf of Alaska. I enjoy it cause I can set it up in about 2 minutes and take it down almost as fast. I’ve set it up solo in 40mph winds on the copper river this summer. It was tricky but it was up and bombproof without having to run the extra guy lines.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have several tents, a hilleberg allak, stone glacier sky scraper, a one person MSR tent. They all have pluses and minuses.

wilydawg

Lil-Rokslider
Kodiak Canvas Springbar 10x14. <10 min setup for one guy.

This ^^^ Hard to beat the Kodiak for ease of setup and comfort. Plenty of room for 3 guys with cots. And they can be had for relatively low dollars...

sam hill

FNG
Kodiak canvas 10' x 14' for basecamp, Big Agnes Copper Spur UL 3 for backpacking. Usually I'm solo, occasionally with one other so tons of room and easy setup.

shtrbc

Lil-Rokslider
Kodiak Canvas 10 x 10. Great for 2 guys with gear. Sleep on cots and enjoy all seasons too.

Use Kodiak often - myself and three kids get it done. Nice with a buddy heater too. Maybe $600.

Jimss

WKR
I would much rather spend the night in the bed of my truck under a topper than a tent! It's my mobile camp on late season hunts or other hunts similar to Wyo antelope where the wind howls! No need to set up a tent and worry about wind, snow, or weather! Much quicker and easier!

3 people in one vehicle? If so I would probably avoid the canvas route just to save space and go with a tepee or even dome like the Rei Half Dome 4p