What kitchen items for a Wedding Registry?

ScottRK

Lil-Rokslider
Large Electric griddle is good for pancakes once you get a bunch of kids. Pressure cooker/canner. Good kitchen knives and a sharpening steel.

Cdav86

FNG
I second the Sous Vide. Me and my wife have had fun learning how to use it. Nothing has come out bad.

Man, save some coin--a Rancilio Silvia with PID controller where it be at. Probably could put 3 good guns on that registry then.
No thanks...halfway through this video I realize I am not reading the coffee equipment menu from right to left.

WRM

WKR
No thanks...halfway through this video I realize I am not reading the coffee equipment menu from right to left.

Dunno what you mean. I've fired mine up daily for 4 years or so without "reading" anything (RtoL LtoR TtoB or BtoT). It just works. This one is stock and does not have a PID, by the way. I couldn't use it w/o PID controller.

Clintopher

Lil-Rokslider
Every kitchen needs a couple of knives, a skillet or two, a Dutch oven, and a sauté pan. A stock pot is nice but a Dutch oven can cover that.

knives I use often:

chefs knife…Santoku if you prefer that shape
paring knife
Bread knife
Carving knife

pans

12” cast iron skillet with lid-one enameled one not.
4 quart sauté pan
1.5-2 quart

6-7 quart enameled Dutch oven…
Lodge is awesome. I can’t imagine spending three times the money for a Le Creuset or a Staub.

a pizza steel is extremely versatile. Can obviously cook pizzas in the oven but also use it as a griddle. Mine isn’t flat so I use it on the grill but it makes amazing chicken tenders, pork chops, steaks, pork tenderloins, vegetables…you name it. I actually want a flat top grill to replace it so maybe put that on your list.

Now that we’re outside…you need a grill. Gas is super awesome, easy to use, and heats up quick. Charcoal tastes better but is none of those things. Having both is best. If I could only have one I’d go with gas…as much as I hate to admit it.

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
Don't forget a Bayou multi basket deep fryer then.
Yup, I have one of those too, just don’t get used with the same frequency as the other two. Trying to keep it healthier when I can. I do love a fish fry though.

Reactions: WRM
-Got a Victorinox Knife Block set and I use them everyday and they are sharp!
-Good Crock Pot, we use ours to do roasts with veggies/potatoes.
-Kitchen Aid Mixers with attachments, we like the pasta roller.
-Good frying pans, pots and baking sheets.
-Glass tupperware, they don't stain and can go in dishwasher easily.
-Vac Sealer is always a plus.

Stalker69

WKR
A pellet grill ( Yoder)
Air fryer
Food processor
Blender
Kitchen aid mixer
Dehydrator
Meat grinder
Sausage stuffer
Meat slicer
Chops custom knife ( hunting knife but could say it’s a kitchen knife) he makes some very nice Damascus knives
Cast iron cook set
Spice rack ( fully loaded with the spice jars]
Black stone out door grill

Good knives are definitely the foundation. I’ve had good luck with Henckels, Wusthof, and Shun. But the butcher’s steel often gets overlooked! If you have good knives, take good care of them. Friedrich Dick makes some of the best steels around, they last forever. I like an oval, rather than round, steel. A good butcher block is a must, Boos Blocks are my default but there are lots of awesome smaller craftsmen out there. As others have said, an enamel Dutch oven is extremely useful. Lodge is good quality for the money but Le Creuset and Staub really are a cut above.

Oh wow... now I have a new gadget to find for my kitchen...

those pigtail turners look fantastic! Never seen them before.

My latest gadget I just got at the kitchen store is an ultra thin tongs in silicone plastic stuff. Good for ultra thin stuff you want to turn. The version I got was about $6.00 although the staff tried to convince me to get the $45 version made with ultra high-end fashionable shiny steel. Truth to tell, I didn't even like the way it 'pinched'. It had no spring or tension to it. Think the cheaper was the better deal and am very happy with it.