What knife does everyone carry?

I rotate between several... PM2, Mini Grip, WE Deacon, Microtech UTX-85

Lately most pocket time has been a custom CRK Inkosi with a spydie hole drilled in - beast of a knife

Also have a newish (to me) Olamic Wayfarer 247 that's gonna see some more pocket time

i have a few. In my pack i have a couple bucks. love them, they are not terribly expensive so in the event I lose one I am no devastated. I also have a I have benchmade grizzly i just love. Carry that with me every day. I also have a pretty oldschool leatherman clip that i carry often. it has most of the tools of the standard leatherman but is a little skinnier so it works nice as a pocket knife. One other knife i have is an old timer sharpfinger. I love that knife for skinning. Those things are great, they are dirt cheap and just a damn good knife.

I carry a Gerber knife as my knife for anything. For gutting I use outdoor edge. Although id like to get the replaceable ones from them as I have having to sharpen them after every kill.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Zero Tolerance 0350 & a Gerber Dime for EDC
3 or 4 different ones for hunting..

OP
K

kid44

Lil-Rokslider
Buck 110 folder, 113 skinner, 105 pathfinder, 119 special, or Vanguard with zipper. One of those. 110 seems to hold an edge the best.

The 102 Woodsman is a good choice too, a bit smaller than the ones listed above, which are all good choices. For a lot of hunting situations I think the 119 can be a bit big, excellent camp knife though.

Tempe.243

FNG
Emmerson CQC-15 with partial serrations for EDC and in the field. Looking for something a bit lighter in the field.

Winkler hunter or an ESEE fixed blade.
Leatherman Wave
Havalon piranta In the kill kit.

The fixed blade and multi tool have their place but the havalon does most of the work on animals.

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
Zero Tolerance 566BW. It's pretty much my EDC do all knife. As far as a hunting knife is concerned I keep a Benchmade Saddle Mountain knife in my back pack.

Rich M

WKR
The 102 Woodsman is a good choice too, a bit smaller than the ones listed above, which are all good choices. For a lot of hunting situations I think the 119 can be a bit big, excellent camp knife though.
I think the woodsman I have is the 102, it dates back to the 70s. Dad gave it to me a few yrs ago.

119 was my uncles.

I carry a 110 most of the time.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
I used to carry a Buck 110 folder or the Schrade Old Timer (pretty much the same thing).

This year I put a fixed-blade morakniv into the mix, worked really well on an antelope and a muley. Might take the Benchmade out next time, but I'd rather not forget it on the mountain, as it was a gift.
Like all of us I have too many. The moraknive's have a nice edge. I think i have 3

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
I alternate between a few but mainly a buck folder and a SOG trident. Have an old Buck 110 from around 1980 and a drawer full of other folders and sheathed knives
9078acb9b56d086817caf3737fd7b6a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rob86jeep

WKR
I carry a Benchmade daily (about 3 inches, non auto, can't remember the model though).

I keep an ESEE Izula and a replaceable blade knife (like a havalon but don't remember which one) in my kill kit. The Izula can baton wood if needed, can throw sparks for fire if needed, can skin/quarter game if needed, and can be sharpened of river rocks if needed. It's a good light weight, do everything (but not great), knife.

I have an ESEE 4 for camping duty that i'll take with me if I have a stove that needs wood chopped.

I have a few different Gransfors Bruk axes/hatchets i'll take camping (and maybe hunting if I deem necessary).

Kershaw Blur, I’ve had it for 7 years and it has been pretty solid. Needs a trip back to Kershaw for a touch up, doesn’t have a tip anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ontario RAT 2 is the everyday carry since I always lose knives in the field (military).

For big game, I have a bark river that's an amazing knife but I love a simple dexter 6" boning knife. That dexter knife gets real sharp in camp on an electric sharpener and I don't feel bad grinding it down a bit since its cheaper at like $18.

I don’t know how many knives my tanks over the years have eaten

EDC I got a little CRKT minimalist Bowie neck knife that I like for all general things...... custom knife one of my buddies made me that’s real short and stout drop point for skinning, just haven’t gotten to skin anything this year yet...,. Then ESEE 6 in my pack for batoning or general camp chores.... looking at a new knife this year tho

badshot

Lil-Rokslider
I work 3 blocks from Kershaws warehouse. They do a yearly sale for cheap. My nice EDC is a zt0350. But I carry one of many different blurs on work days.