What knife does everyone carry?

BadDogPSD

WKR
Most days I carry a ZT350, sometimes a Spyderco Police or Benchmade Osborn Ruft to mix it up a bit.

Terrapin

WKR
I couldn’t find my Benchmade for a couple days, so I bought a Kershaw Leek as a temporary, largely disposable knife. It is now, by far my favorite carry knife. I love the assisted opening, it is stupid easy to sharpen, holds and edge pretty well considering it hostile work environment, and it’s cheap. Plus, it’s just the right size for work, hunting and strong enough for social occasions if it’s ever called upon.

I also bought a purple one for my wife. I’m going to laser engrave something pithy as soon as I can thank of what romantic gesture goes well on a knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
Buck 110 folder, 113 skinner, 105 pathfinder, 119 special, or Vanguard with zipper. One of those. 110 seems to hold an edge the best.

Werty

WKR
I carry 2 knives, lightweight with good edges. I don't carry my good knives, just in case i lose them. I also carry a speedy sharp.

Mtnboy

WKR
In my pocket daily is a Benchmade Bug Out.

In the hunting pack is a Havalon and the Argali Knife.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bagel_7

Lil-Rokslider
dGNPHr7.jpg

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since I watched a friend use a havalon in 2012 I have packed one gotten good with it to not break blades very often and then I also pack a small skinning blade just so I can get a little more aggressive with the tools of the trade👍

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I couldn’t find my Benchmade for a couple days, so I bought a Kershaw Leek as a temporary, largely disposable knife. It is now, by far my favorite carry knife. I love the assisted opening, it is stupid easy to sharpen, holds and edge pretty well considering it hostile work environment, and it’s cheap. Plus, it’s just the right size for work, hunting and strong enough for social occasions if it’s ever called upon.

I also bought a purple one for my wife. I’m going to laser engrave something pithy as soon as I can thank of what romantic gesture goes well on a knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man same story. I lost my benchmade for a few days. It had fallen out on the ground of my shop floor while I was changing the bearings on my wife’s horse trailer. I had to leave the next day for a fishing trip so I went and bought a cheap kershaw leek. What the hell. I carry this knife everyday now to the office and around the ranch.

R-K

FNG
I used to carry a Buck 110 folder or the Schrade Old Timer (pretty much the same thing).

This year I put a fixed-blade morakniv into the mix, worked really well on an antelope and a muley. Might take the Benchmade out next time, but I'd rather not forget it on the mountain, as it was a gift.

RCB

WKR
Usually a Leatherman for general backcountry use. Havalon Piranta for field dressing / quartering.

cciliske

FNG
Ontario RAT 2 is the everyday carry since I always lose knives in the field (military).

For big game, I have a bark river that's an amazing knife but I love a simple dexter 6" boning knife. That dexter knife gets real sharp in camp on an electric sharpener and I don't feel bad grinding it down a bit since its cheaper at like $18.

Lwilliams

Lil-Rokslider
Benchmade of some sort here whether hunting or just an everyday pocket knife.