What knife does everyone carry?

Cold steel finn hawk. Ridiculously sharp and inexpensive. Used it on afognak island to field dress and quarter up 3 sitka blacktai and it just needed a light honing after.

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Gerber Vital ( past few years )
and a 6" old timer...

The old timer has seen many a moose, dear and bear alike... holds an edge like the devil and was a gift ill pass on to my boy one day :)
the day i become .... AN OLD TIMER too

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
EDC is a Benchmade Mini Grip that my wife gave me on our wedding day.

Kill kit has a Tyto 1.1 and an Esee Izula.

If deer hunting from the trucks I'll throw my old standby Benchmade Rant DPT D2 in the pack. Couldn't even begin to count the number of deer that thing has cleaned.

Not Vegan

FNG
Kershaw blur at all times. Love the sandpaper feel handl. For hunting I like a good ol buck locking blade.

Gerber Sportsman II from the 1970's and 80's. Inherited my dad's and have purchased numerous since.

Kent

Painless

FNG
EDC is a Benchmade Bugout and I keep a 3 blade browning pocket knife in my pocket that I had engraved and gave out to my groomsman on my wedding day.

I keep 3 Gene Ingram knives in my pack, one is a sample knife that he sent me to try out and let me keep, the other 2 are part of a combo he put together. I have about 4 more sets of his knoves but I haven't carried them. Hoping to pass them down to my son when he gets a little older.

Spyderco knives is what i use as edc. Never an issue and they are super light & high quality. Esee, Utica, and Kabar becker is what i use for outdoors stuff as well as hunting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Outlaw99

WKR
Does anyone here have any lead on a Benchmade bugout with orange scales? I know you can buy the knife and scales separate, but I see they used to make one factory that way. I’d love to own one if I could track one down

coiloil37

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got my collection down to two hunting knives.

A dozier with D2 and ironwood

62045afe6117fea2534cf1b8e3ceb919.jpg

And a Crotts made the way I wanted it in the most useful design I’ve ever used.

c7ab1e0cc82541db42f5b52bc83503c7.jpg

4db126fdfad0790144ad579772735ba6.jpg

For pig hunting with the dogs and knife over in Australia I use a dozier freedom fighter.

ea4fff9ef7958d9aaf73626325e9373c.jpg

My wife got me a cheap pro-4 tactical survival with a Flint stick in the sheath. I know it won't hold an edge long but since I started carrying it I cannot go a full day without it. It's right up there with my Leatherman.

a Dalstrong paring knife is my newest addition, the Dalstrong steel is the most user friendly I have ever used, though it's not a hunting designed knife, I think it will be a good one.

the havalon is always with me, and does most of the work. I love pretty knives, but the havalon design is just so useful. I will be getting a tyto before season to replace the havalon.

I also have a benchmade altitude I carry, and have a couple customs I carry as well, the elk track made by norm is a really nice knife.

I usually carry 3, the havalon is mostly all I use anymore, I can take a whole elk apart with 2 blades, and i'm using a sharp knife the whole time.

not willing to put all of my trust in that, I carry 2 real knives too. this year it will be the Dalstrong and altitude

LBuchser

WKR
Benchmade Osbourne 940-1 (Nickname - Saleen)

All Day, Every Day, On Duty, Off Duty or Hunting, it doesnt matter. S90V with a smooth Axis Lock is a perfect combination for me and gets the job done. Cuts cardboard and rope forever, breaks a deer down no problem and retains its edge like a champ and with the Carbon Fiber scales I dont even notice it in my pocket till it's time to use it. Then, every once in a while I'll sit down and touch it up on a strop while watching a show and it's back to shave sharp!
20200205_090639.jpg

But my primary hunting knife is my Benchmade Altitude with the custom scales I made for it.

141174.jpeg

Last edited: