What knife does everyone carry?

It depends on the day and what I feel like. Normal work days I carry an Ontario Cutlery RAT 1 or 2 folder. Always straight edge drop point. For the money I find these knives hard to beat, especially for AUS-8 steel. I paid $22 for my larger RAT 1 and $19 for my RAT 2. Both have G10 scales. I’ve also used them as hammers...

If I want slim but full size I carry an old but good Spyderco Endurance 4 full serrated VG10. Even though it’s very slim it’s still super heavy! But it’s just fun opening and closing when you’re bored because of how smooth it is.

During summer months when I wear shorts and want a knife that I don’t even feel that it’s there, I typically stick with a Kershaw Leek.

For hunting/camping/backpacking I usually carry knives made by my brother (E7Knives on Instagram). He rarely makes them anymore though.

Last edited:

bvs12

FNG
My edc knives are a kersaw Emerson, a maker knife, and a half face blades spike. The spike is by far my favorite.

ZuluBravo

WKR
Big fan of Benchmade. Just bought an LT Wright fixed blade. Super impressed with the quality for the reasonable price. Check him out if you get the chance!

jrnd

Lil-Rokslider
I love my outdoor edge replaceable blade so far. I think it is the razorlite.

TX_Diver

WKR
Outdoor edge swingblaze and an outdoor edge EDC light.

I butcher a lot of sheep so I'm considering a benchmade or maybe even the argali knife, but I love the zipper feature on the swingblaze, even for the gutless method it's a huge help to get a nice clean cut along the skin, down legs, etc. so I haven't brought myself to spend over $100 on a knife yet.

Spyderco knives are great for EDC. Good steel, super lightweight and perfect for 1 handed opening . Love the manix 2 and para military 2 for days off. I rock the native and para 3 on work days as they are a bit smaller and easier to conceal with much less bulk in my dress slacks. Haha.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

This is what's in my pocket now. Other than the occasional tightening of the clip, this has been amazing for the last 3 years.
2e2a95a8e57eb27aae393bb6bb457402.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

KMW

FNG
The same Buck 110 has been with me for every animal since I was 12 years old. The last few years I have had a havalon piranta with me as well. That combo will go with me as long as I hunt.

ScottinPA

WKR
Normally I have a RAT 2 on me daily.

Kill kit has a Morakniv (sp?) and a Havalon. Looking to upgrade the Morakniv.
A couple I'm looking at:
1. OKC RAT 3
2. KaBar Becker BK14
3. KaBar Jarosz Globtrotter
4. Benchmade Steep Country
5. KaBar Becker Short Drop Point

I have 1,4,& 5 now, 2 & 3 will be here next weekend.

The Becker Short is pretty big and noticeably heavier, more of a bushcraft knife I think.
Right now the Benchmade is probably the one but its also the priciest.

I'll pick one and return the rest.

Or maybe I'll just dress up the Buck 112 my grandfather gave me and throw it in the kit.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have the same Spyderco knife above for an EDC and I use the Iron Will K1 for backpack hunts (1.0 oz).