What knife does everyone carry?

Spyderco shaman with micarta handles. Just picked one up in Golden, Colorado last month at the factory outlet and haven't put it away. The Micarta has a fantastic texture, especially when wet. It will be with me when I hunt this fall and hopefully I can put it to use on an elk.

mcseal2

WKR
I have still been carrying my ZT 452CF when I don’t carry a fixed blade on the ranch. Months when we are feeding a lot of round bales and I’m cutting net wrap I usually have a fixed blade so I don’t have to mess with a folder wearing gloves. Lately its been a ESEE PR-4. Its been a great using knife too.

Hunting I’ve tried a pile of good folders, fixed blade, and replaceable blade knives. My favorite is still the Dozier Pro Guide for strictly game duty. For caping or skinning heads I like my Benchmade Altitude.

I recently got a semi-custom Battle Horse Buckeye. Its a saber grind and should be tougher for all around use than the Dozier’s hollow ground edge. The Dozier has never had an issue, but there are jobs I won’t risk it on. This one I’d use for anything. It has skinned and sliced well so far. It might get to go on the more remote hunts in the future.

Camping, scouting, fishing, any outdoor trips when I’m not skinning game I’ve been liking a LT Wright GNS in 3V steel, saber grind. It doesn’t have a lot of belly for skinning but is useful for most other jobs.

Last edited:
Feeling at home with the Nife Nerds.....^^^^

Always wanted a ZT 452 Slicer. Like....for a long time. Have so many folders and knives in general I can't really justify it.

I snagged a Shaman a year ago. Wow! Sturdy built knife. Huge fan. I can see how Micarta would be an upgrade. Nice snag

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I lost my bugout last week, to say I'm bummed would be a huge understatement. I'll be getting another one, trying to decide if I just want to order a blue one or go the custom shop route.

Mannsbuick

Lil-Rokslider
Ran this all season. Did 3 deer and 2 elk so far in the backcountry. I'm very impressed as well. Does work like a much larger knife. Great skinning shape, but at the same time I was surprised at how well the point handles fine work. Holds an edge very well, and with maintenance, easy to resharpen.

I should add that I also use a Tyto at certain points in the process, especially when deboning

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
do you have the White River backcountry pro in 3.5" Thanks

MattiG

FNG
How big is your blade on that backpacker pro 3.5"?
Looks like 3 inches
82d28bad0d2461b661aa331ff1f622fb.jpg