What length vane?

What do you guys prefer. Short vanes (blazer etc.) or longer 4 inch vanes?

Currently I am shooting Flex fletch flash vanes (2 inch) 4 fletched. Seem to be flying good.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
2" in everything for me. I was using Quik Spins and Blazers, now I am using Fusions and really like them. No problems stabilizing my arrows with broadheads whatsoever.

J-Daddy

WKR
As soon as I get the new bow in & setup I'm gonna do some playing...In the past I always shot Blazers, last year I bought some AAE 2.6 Elite's "pushing 3" long" and tried them and had great luck with them.
So this year I'm trying Blazers again but I'm fletching them with a LEFT helical, and have them staggered...And I'm gonna compare them to the AAE 2.6 Elite's, which I also fletched with a Left helical this year, but not staggered.
We will see which one wins out, but I expect the AAE 2.6's to win honestly...Those things worked extremely well for me last year, I shot some of my tightest long range groups ever with them.

I switched over to the 2.1" Fusion in 2010 and I will continue to shoot my Fusions. I am looking into an AAE 2.3" this year to "try" but those 2.1" Fusion Vanes are the S H I T !!!!! Talk about fixed blade accuracy!! It honestly improved it!

J-Daddy

WKR
I switched over to the 2.1" Fusion in 2010 and I will continue to shoot my Fusions. I am looking into an AAE 2.3" this year to "try" but those 2.1" Fusion Vanes are the S H I T !!!!! Talk about fixed blade accuracy!! It honestly improved it!

Evan, I haven't shot the AAE 2.3 vanes but I honestly love the 2.6 vanes...They fletch up super easy, stick great and with some helical they fly perfect for me "or atleast they did last year"...I'll be shooting an all new set up this year so we will see have they do.

J-Daddy,

Which head were you shooting with them. I am normally a RAMCAT guy.. BUT .. if I run the 2.3 AAE Max then I would be putting the fixed blades on the shelf and running an expandable only this year.

J-Daddy

WKR
With the 2.6 vanes...Last year I shot some Rocket Meatseekers and some Rage. This year I'm going back to a fixed blade head and will be shooting Shuttle T-Locks "100gr". I'd try the Ramcats with the 2.3, that's a pretty low profile head really..I bet with a good helical on them they will fly the Ramcats just fine.
If I do change my mind and shoot mechanicals this year it'll be the new Trophy Taker/ Ulmer Edge head. Well I do have some leftover Rage heads from last year, I'm gonna use them for turkey hunting in a few weeks...Might whack a doe with one as well this fall.

TxCazador

FNG
I went from Blazers to 3" Fusion because of a clearance issue on my last bow. Groups are better and they seem to stabilize broadheads better. Like em!

J-Daddy

WKR
Here's a comparison of the AAE 2.6 vane & a regular Blazer
IMAG0364.jpg