What lens to get?

MichaelO

First off My photography and videography knowledge is limited at best. I took a class in college and have forgotten almost all of that. I just got a Nikon d3200 I couldn’t pass up the deal on but it was the body only. I’m looking to take some photos and perhaps video on my hunts this year as well as take photos at home.

Looking for recommendations on lens rather than just blindly buying something

Camera Land

What kind of shooting will you be doing? Close up? Distant? group shots? Trophy shots?

OP
M

MichaelO

What kind of shooting will you be doing? Close up? Distant? group shots? Trophy shots?
I’d say most shots are gonna be relatively close. I’ll be digiscoping anything far I want to get a pic of. I’ll take a trophy shot if I get anything lol. Would I be best just to get the 18-55 that usually comes with those lower end dslr kits or would something else?

Camera Land

I would go with a little better lens and much more versatility. Tamron makes an 18-200 that would give you great group shots and also good for wildlife. Normally it's $249.99, there is a $50 instant savings and then a little more as a Rokslide member. It would be $179.99 shipped. It has a 6 year USA warranty as well
Call me to discuss this or any other options