What light weight rifle has been your favorite over the years?

Kotaman

WKR
In a “production” rifle, it’s tough to beat a Kimber Montana. Mine is .308. In a “custom”, Steve Boswell makes a Ti sub 6 lber. That is first rate. Mine is in .300 wsm.

Decker9

WKR
Very nice!
details on scope and hunting load?
thanks!

I have Talley light weight lows on it, with a z3 3-9x36. I hand load using 140gr accubonds, and 47gr of reloader 22, I’m not sure on velocity, but it’s very accurate out to my 400 yard limit.
I had the barrel cut to 19 1/2” and fluted, bedded in a wildcat composites stock with a flip flop recoil pad.

I don't currently one a true light rifle, but have had a few in the past. As corny as it sounds, all of my tikkas were light work horses. I also had a kimber and liked it.

I have turned into a one bolt rifle guy, and stuck with my sako, but at 6.75# empty, it's not a lightweight, but it shoots better than a factory rifle should.

I'm in the market again, and am most likely getting the new savage ultralite... If not it will be the kimber MA.

Hard to go wrong, it's just a personal choice

FLS

WKR
Remington 700 Mtn in .270 with the detachable box mag. I bought it in early 2000s.
Remington Model 7 in 308 my wife gave me in 1993.

I have a Tikka in 270 that I really like. Tikka is a cant-go-wrong kind of rifle in my opinion.

I also have a Model 7 SS I’m 243 that I HIGHLY recommend.

I took a 308 Remington CDL and cut and recrowned the barrel and put it in a Mcmillan Edge stock. Super handy and good to kill almost anything on the continent

280ack

FNG
Melvin Forbes NULA models, have a few M20's and a M24. They are very accurate and very easy to carry. He started the low weight trend and very few can do now what he did in the late 70's.

oenanthe

WKR
Another Kimber fanboi here.

I have a 7mm-08 Montana I've had for ten years, and a .30-06 Subalpine that replaced my old tang-safety Ruger this year.

I don't feel like I need any other rifles. But I might want a 6.5 and a .300.

The Tikka is an amazingly lightweight rifle that doesn't feel like a lightweight rifle, unlike the Kimbers. My 270wsm T3 with a limbsaver pad, sling, full mag+one chambered, cheek riser foam/stock wrap, Leupold 3-9 vx1, and steel Warne medium rings weighs almost exactly 8 pounds. I really want to hunt with other firearms, but I just can't seem to not take it lol.

Paraiso

FNG
Tikka once again for me. T3X lite in 7RM. It's a perfect hunting rifle for my needs, and terrible on the range. I don't like the recoil. It's fine for about 10 shots, but many more and I'm ready to call it a day. Before I bought it I was debating between the 7RM and the 300WSM. I can't imagine the recoil on a WSM with a gun this light.

Full disclosure: My range rifle is a 20lb 6bra and the recoil is GREAT!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jfs82

WKR
Just got my Seekins Havak element in 6.5 prc in to the shop. should be 6lb 14oz with a swfa 3x9, rings and brake. Being my newest and by far lightest rifle, it is now my favorite light weight rifle.