What lightweight tent do you use and why do you like it?

The DCF silex is about as perfect as it gets for me. Finally got to test it in some nasty weather the past few days, and there is no going back for me… no sag, no wetted out drippy nylon, shake the water off, and the size is perfect for one and gear, plenty of room to put my clothes so they aren’t touching the tent soaking up condensation, and condensation isn’t bad to start

Think I will get a borah bivy for it and will have a perfect setup for anything I’ll do. I doubt i will ever buy a tent that’s not DCF again, it’s worth the extra dough for me
I had a eolus for a season and liked everything about it except basically having to crawl in and out of it because of the way the side opens sliding up on the guy out line. It is typically wet here in Oregon so getting in and out usually got me wet because it’s also hard for an old guy to get in and out without brushing against it

Ltsheets

Lil-Rokslider
Why did I even open this thread, I was completely happy with my BA copper spur. Now you got me looking at taking out a mortgage from my wife.

Dude I’m with you. I want that free duo but man it’s pricey..

RnnHntr

FNG
TarpTent StratoSpire 1. It has seen all kinds of weather and been cozy. The nest will sleep two in a pinch if they are good friends. Fine for two without the nest. Room for your gear in the vestibules. I am happy with it.

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
Check out anything Seek Outside. May not be in your price range but call them and they will assist you with what you need. Best customer service ever! And made in USA.

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
Z-Packs Duplex... weighs just 19 oz.. if you are solo could go with the Plex Solo which is 13 oz.

Incredibly light... bathtub bottom. But not a 4 season and quite pricey. Seems to be the preferred choice among many backpackers. Seems really durable and easy to setup. Won't find anything lighter than this.

I have ordered one for this upcoming season.. haven't slept in it but I've set it up in the backyard. Seems great but we'll see when I use it out in the field.
Man that Z-Packs looks like a winner. Might put that on my list...

Big angus ul3 mtnglow

I sleep in my tent. Nobody else. It’s perfect for 1 guy and all his gear.

lonedave

WKR
Big Agnes Fly Creek Platinum HVUL2 - About as ultralight and (almost) free standing (barely) 2 person tent as you'll find. :)

Last edited:

mthayr

WKR
What I own/use:

Freestanding - BA Copper Hotel HV (on the heavy side, but palatial)
Non Freestanding - Seek Outside Silex (c'mon, 22oz... it practically floats)

Marble

WKR
Big agnes TigerWall UL3. I use it solo or with a partner. It's spacious, packs well, easy to set up, super light, well thought out and has a vestibule on each side.

I was skeptical when I bought it but I am very impressed with it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk