What longbows should I look at?

oldgoat

WKR
Haven't shot a Whistler. How deflexed are they? They would have to be so deflexed that they start giving up a lot of cast.

You only get to pick two: Smooth, Short, Fast.
Sorry, they are all 3, took me a lot of self debating to buy the first one because of the very things you are espousing, they are amazing, faster gpp than the whip I had or the Lynx I still have. My heavier one, 60" is 54#@31", 588 gr arrow at 176fps, not smoking fast but fast.

oldgoat

WKR
Now most forgiving, they aren't that, at least not at my draw, my finger placement and release are super critical as say opposed to my 66" Lynx Longbow from Toelke

Sorry, they are all 3, took me a lot of self debating to buy the first one because of the very things you are espousing, they are amazing, faster gpp than the whip I had or the Lynx I still have. My heavier one, 60" is 54#@31", 588 gr arrow at 176fps, not smoking fast but fast.
Like I said, you only get to pick two. I've shot Adcock ACS bows that were 215 fps at 10 gpp.

oldgoat

WKR
Like I said, you only get to pick two. I've shot Adcock ACS bows that were 215 fps at 10 gpp.
Yeah, I've shot one of those and we've had a couple of A&H and Dryad ACS recurves and longbows, those aren't fast, they are smoking fast and can't handle long draws at short bow lengths.
You're really and truly one of those guys that likes to pick the fly shit out of the pepper I think!

Yeah, I've shot one of those and we've had a couple of A&H and Dryad ACS recurves and longbows, those aren't fast, they are smoking fast and can't handle long draws at short bow lengths.
You're really and truly one of those guys that likes to pick the fly shit out of the pepper I think!
Meh, I just know what I know. Take it for what it is. I don't see much point in short bows tbh.

mattflint

FNG
Locator Grip, I have arthritis in my thumb and it's one of the only grips I can deal with, I think their classic grip isn't bad though, had a Super D with it for a very short time
I didnt even ask what grip was on the stock bow I got coming. I really like the look of the locator, kind of hope thats what it has as long as it dont keep my hand from rotating to 45*

oldgoat

WKR
I didnt even ask what grip was on the stock bow I got coming. I really like the look of the locator, kind of hope thats what it has as long as it dont keep my hand from rotating to 45*
Hope it's a locator, I know more than a few people that think it's one of the most comfortable best grips in the business and some of them are in the business!

Blackcow

WKR
I have a couple of them. They are sweet to look at, quick to install and perfect for a 2 piece bow to travel.View attachment 334278
Looks good. I’ve always thought they looked cool. I had a 1 pc whip, have a 1pc 64ss, and hopefully sometime this month I have a 2pc whip and 2pc 64ss coming. I like how those look compared to my thunderhorns and great northerns I have. Looks like it fits tight but leaves room for your thumb. I may have to ante up. Thanks man!