What made you Happy today?

Randle

WKR
Wifey and I took the 17 yr old Grandson out for burgers . Great time and so thankful to have a relationship with a teen That is respectful

Spent the day yesterday helping a best friend of 41 years. He had quadruple bypass a year ago and they found Stage 4 Lung Cancer also. He has been battling it all for over a year. He also has Diabetes. The Chemo/ and radiation are wiping him out and causing lots of other very harmful side affects. He found out last week they could not find any cancer in his body. He is single, 63 and fighting so very hard to live every day. Been driving himself to all his treatments. He is literally a shell of his previous self and it is all he can do to simply get up and put his clothes on. I spent the day doing any and everything he needed done and thanking GOD every minute for giving me another day to spend more time with him. Seeing him persevere, hearing him laugh and cut up and listening to him complain about everything was absolutely wonderful.

ewade07

WKR
I had the treat of watching my lab/GW cross make a 200 yd retrieve on a running pheasant. The bird ran down a fence line, jumped a ditch and ran anotehr 150 yds and almost made it into some really thick cover. At first i thought she was just on another bird. I was yelling and whistling at her but she just wouldnt stop. I was pretty steamed until i saw her trotting back with that bird in her mouth. Now im glad she didnt listen!

CorbLand

WKR
Wifey and I took the 17 yr old Grandson out for burgers . Great time and so thankful to have a relationship with a teen That is respectful
Enjoy that. My one grandpa passed before I was born and the other was an asshat to put it nicely. It was actually really sad when all the grandkids were asked what memories we had with our grandpa when he passed and we all just looked at each other...none.

KID

FNG
I have a buddy that used to live in Salmon and he never mentioned anything like that. Was this a case of some jerks from a bigger town?

Good deal.
I don't know, I've been hunting north central Idaho since I was 12.(25 yrs) There just seems to be an ever increasing amount of competition for hunting space. Along with that comes an increase in lack of respect. I don't have the gull to go in an area where I know that people are going to be in, I just don't. There's a thousand different roads and trails in the area. I just don't know, I mean it's all public property ( with the right permits) so everyone has a right to be anywhere they want. There is just no more of that good ole respect for others. But I'm so used to it I don't let it spoil the fun of being out there.

UWneptune308

Lil-Rokslider
Enjoy that. My one grandpa passed before I was born and the other was an asshat to put it nicely. It was actually really sad when all the grandkids were asked what memories we had with our grandpa when he passed and we all just looked at each other...none.

Relatable. Unfortunately with both my parents too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.Clancy

WKR
Just getting back from pheasant hunting for 3 days with my college buddies and gf. Not much better than that.

This video has to make you smile (unless you're a Bama fan)
The kicker's wife & family... his mom didn't watch the kick, just prayed & waited for the crowd reaction....

my boys made me proud Saturday night!

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
Not today, last week had a great day with my best friend and life long hunting buddy on a tough hunt day IMG_5054.jpg
IMG_5042.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
I try my best to be happy just from waking up another day.....all the rest is a bonus and no matter how much it sometimes sucks it is also wonderful at the same time..

robtattoo

WKR
Found a really nice pinot grigio at Food Lion, 2 for $8.
Snort- laughed in agreement with a post about chicken or turkey chilli.

Most of my joy comes from the little things.

Thank you for this thread, by the way. I'm going to try to remember to post one thing a day from now on. I suffer from depression & thinking about it just now actually helped a little.

Saturday - #1 it was yet another day that Wyoming couldn't tell me I didn't draw anything!

#2 - when I asked my boy if he wanted to get tickets and go watch Nebraska football he said "no let's just go fishing!". Knowing how much he loves the outdoors makes me smile every day! At 11 years old he barely watches TV and doesn't have a phone or gaming system. He's happy to build fishing lures, clean guns, and plan our next outing!