What made you Happy today?

Randle

WKR
What a day , took my grandson out on his first elk hunt . Had his scope on two elk , no shot fired , he felt they weren't great shots to take, proud of him. Then we had a bugle fest with the bull. I think he's hooked.

vortex

Lil-Rokslider
Knowing i have 3 shifts left before i chase big whitetails for 16 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

actually this was yesterday. Spent all day packing for a mule deer hunt, and an elk hunt. Poor me… I’m getting packed into a drop camp for eight days for mule deer hunting With my brother, and then I’ll go into town take a shower and go to seven or eight days of elk hunting With my son in a separate drop camp. Both in stunning wild locations… wilderness areas.

to top it off I had the Baseball game on, and the Braves won another walk off By the hair on their chinny Chin Chin’s. Very exciting game if you like baseball. My only regret with all this hunting is I will only be able to catch one game of the World Series. Oh well first world problems.

Decker9

WKR
My lady and I signed the papers on purchasing my family’s property today (29 acres of moose’y lake shore plus located on my trapline). Both my parents work like dogs (70 and 64), this will give them freedom to settle down and only work as they wish. That makes me the happiest Iv been in a long long time.

Opah

WKR
Back to my 3 days off for now
Getting a 22 X 65 foot Concrete apron from My front door to the Curb. My anniversary is tomorrow the 19th and I remembered for the first time in a couple of years.
Going to mount the Tactical sight onto my BBAR
It has been a grand afternoon

robtattoo

WKR
Today I got to the range to work up a load for my .257 Bob. Everything was bullshit, but it was 65° with not a cloud in the sky & I had the place to myself.

Just now, I picked up my '97 f250 back from the shop. Infernal steering issue, a/c heat problem & 2 dash lights that've been out since I bought it. I bought it in '09 with 90k on it. It's now pushing 400k & for the first time since I've owned it, technically, there's nothing wrong with it! I drove the long way home, blasting Marylin Manson as loud as I could handle in perfect weather! (The shop's about 4 miles. I did 60......)

Bill came to $1602 & to really cap off the day, $802 of that was the Wife's tires!

This has been a great day!

In Stroud, OK tonight on the way back home from AZ after shooting a nice cow elk Friday AM. Got to spend the trip with my nephew on his first trip out west. Great trip and a nice cow in the freezer in the bed of the truck. Life is good!

OP
H

HuntingIndian

Lil-Rokslider
Lately been very busy with work. Took a little lunch break from work today. Grabbed my shotgun and went out hunting. Took both turkey and squirrel loads just in case If I get lucky. 10 minutes of walking, i saw a flock of turkeys walking at 150 yards. I started chasing them. They noticed my presence and started leaving. I walked quickly, hiding behind the trees and eventually caught up to them. At 35 yards, aimed and took a clean headshot. Just happy I finally got out and even happier that I am able to have a successful hunt. this is probably my quickest hunt ever.

Last edited:

Q child

WKR
It's my dad's birthday. Just spent a little time shopping for him on the internet and sending him some stuff. Got him a pair of rulers and three pairs of pliers. All of the quality that is a little hard to justify when you are buying for yourself.